Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had the 06 tundra out for it's first deep snow adventurs last weekend, part way through the day we stopped to take a break. ropped the tundra and it started going from forward into reverse, back and forth, back and forth. About the time the rpm's would come back up and I started to hit the gas the R's would drop back off to reverse direction. I figured out what to unplug (4 wire plug on the MPEM, two brown wires a blue & white and one other wier in the plug) this gave me forward and I was able to ride the rest of the weekend. took it home had it in my shop over night, brought it into the dealer, of corse everything worked fine, they checked it out, found nothing.
Anybody ever hear of this symtom?

·
Devil Dog
1,848 Posts
New to me. Wonder if it could have been a short in the wiring. When you do figure it out please tell us what it is.

·
Registered
22 Posts
SISU said:
randby said:
Forgot to mention, this is a brand new machine, first tank of gas
[snapback]731494[/snapback]​
[snapback]732651[/snapback]​
I NEVER HAD ANY TROUBLE WITH MINE YET. PROBABLY PUT 5 TANKS OF GAS THROUGH IT. THE STARTER DEVELOPED A DEAD SHORT AFTER ABOUT 75 STARTS. GOOD THING FOR WARRANTY.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Ther is a dealer notification on this issue. it is moisture in the connector. corrected by adding waterproof conductive grease. Some assembly lines used the grease some didnt.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SEAKtundra said:
Ther is a dealer notification on this issue. it is moisture in the connector. corrected by adding waterproof conductive grease. Some assembly lines used the grease some didnt.
[snapback]739598[/snapback]​
Where can I find a copy of the dealer notification?? or exactly what is says?

·
Registered
893 Posts
Have you asked your local dealer? My dealer is a satelite dealer for iron dog skidoo in tok AK. Iron dog told my dealer that this is a known issue, and that he will be reimbursed for the repair, by ski-doo.I guess that is all I can tell you.

Good luck.

Mike

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
SEAKtundra said:
Have you asked your local dealer? My dealer is a satelite dealer for iron dog skidoo in tok AK. Iron dog told my dealer that this is a known issue, and that he will be reimbursed for the repair, by ski-doo.I guess that is all I can tell you.

Good luck.

Mike
[snapback]739859[/snapback]​
Thanks, this will help. I'm in Fairbanks, So far I don't have good vibs from the service folk at our dealer. Where is the Iron Dog dealer out of?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.