Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner

Replacment Taillights

320 views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  SkidooSteve12 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Well - since a The Business with the Custom Tailights I like never responds to e-mails or phone messages, I'm looking elsewhere.
I have a Rev*Baron Rear Rack and need some input on Taillights:

I'm looking at a 'Knight Rider' main led taillight bar that lights back and forth runing and then when the brake is applied flashes bright several times and then goes solid; with two round led clusters that 'rotate' when running then with brake flashes brightly for 5 to 6 seconds then goes bright solid.
1. Would all of the 'Flash' just be confusing for those behind to know if you have the brakes on or not?
2. If not, would haivng oneround LED cluster on each side of the 'Knight Rider' bar make people think they are turning signals and thus be confusing?

I like the idea of the 'bling', but would rather not be getting butted in the butt too often!

Thanks

#2 ·
Well - since a The Business with the Custom Tailights I like never responds to e-mails or phone messages, I'm looking elsewhere.
I have a Rev*Baron Rear Rack and need some input on Taillights:

I'm looking at a 'Knight Rider' main led taillight bar that lights back and forth runing and then when the brake is applied flashes bright several times and then goes solid; with two round led clusters that 'rotate' when running then with brake flashes brightly for 5 to 6 seconds then goes bright solid.
1. Would all of the 'Flash' just be confusing for those behind to know if you have the brakes on or not?
2. If not, would haivng two round LED clusters to each side of the 'Knight Rider' bar make people thuink they are turning signals and thus be confusing?

I like the idea of the 'blind', but would ratrher not be gettring butted in the butt too often!

Thanks
It sounds really neat to me. I know there will be some people on here that will bash you for even thinking of dooing such thing but I like the idea. PM me with who makes it and where you are getting it. I really don't think it will confuse people. Just so you can see the tail light, the extra brightness of it when you apply the brake doesn't assure others that you are stopping anyway. Go for it.

#5 ·
It would look pretty cool at night, but that's when it might be distracting to some people. I think that I probably would want the brake light to go solid right away like a normal brake light does.

#6 ·
my only complaint with aftermarket LEDs is putting a little 6" bar with 1/4 watt LEDs is not enought coverage...

the the effect you describe I cannot a problem with, sounds like it will look like you are pumping the brakes... if I undestand correctly...

now all you need is some fur for the dash, an aruuuugh horn and some fuzzy dice to hang from the bars...

best of luck with it BTW and please post a video, I want to see this one...!

#7 ·
I'm going to have to agree with the comments about it looking like you are pumping the brakes when it flashes fast for 5-6 seconds. If it went solid when you hit the brakes, I'd say definitely go for it. The flashing motion side to side when it is only half as bright shouldn't be a big deal to the people following you. See if they can modify the light fixture to just go solid whenever you hit the brakes.

You still have some time before winter so keep watching ebay or other websites for other sweet LED's. I'm happy with my SLP LED I put on my REV*BARON rack.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.