Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched this site and I'm not able to find information on this... I'm trying to replace my MXZ Rev vents... I have replaced the two side ones, now I just can't get the front one out... What is the trick? Thanks.

·
Registered
862 Posts
MNMXZREV800 said:
I have searched this site and I'm not able to find information on this... I'm trying to replace my MXZ Rev vents... I have replaced the two side ones, now I just can't get the front one out... What is the trick? Thanks.
[snapback]270582[/snapback]​
Take off the pipe and loosen the front bumper. By taking the pipe out it is a lot easier I have found. Once the bemper is loose you can slide the grill right out.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Here's what worked for me. First, rear end you buddies ZR. If you do it just right this will break at least one side of the top bar that holds in the grill. While trying to remove the grill you should be able to break the other side with no problem. Once the top bar is "removed" the grills can easily be swapped. The top bar has proven (so far) to be totally unnecessary and is reallly not even visible.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I some how popped mine out with a screwdriver, and put it back in without taking anything off or loose.

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Well, since I didn't have a good sized Cat around to hit, what I did was unbolt the two front bumper bolts, and just loosen the two top ones, you can then tilt the bumper up enough to get the screen out. Assembly is the reverse of the above.

·
Registered
837 Posts
like jeremy said, I used a screwdriver and opened up the tabs on the top side, be sure plastic is at least warm so as not to break. Slide screen into opening, I had to bend screen a little to squeeze in but after it's in you can press it right back into shape with your thumbs. Hint: wear gloves the edges of the screen will tear your thumbs up pushing it in, then you have a sore throttle sensor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts