Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,641 Posts
The obvious answer may be to contact SCOTT directly, but I thought why not ask here first. I bought the Doo Holeshot goggles with speed strap for my XP-R2 helmet. Not only do I find them frustrating to use; the sticky Velcro patches slid and eventually removed themselves from my helmet in the cold (yes, I applied them to a clean surface in a warm room)- luck I had extras.

At any rate; the goggles are still good but the straps have to go. Is it possible to simply buy the standard strap on its own?

897F1D78-3D5B-4CF7-B1DB-607D1094514E_zps
42CFEBF5-1DB5-41E0-AE5E-5B1F704FCC3B_zps

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Quick strap makes a re-mount kit with new stickies, $6.95. Mount it 1" farther back on your helmet, prep surface with rubbing alcohol warm up both the adhesive and the helmet and give it another try, I have quick straps on 4 different helmets and never had an issue with velcro coming loose.

I do carry a standard strapped goggle as a backup should the quick straps ever fail but never had to use them.

I have a regular 509 strap that should work, I will trade you for your quick straps. PM me if interested.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
I have the Scott speed straps and have never had an issue. I clean with windex, apply then let it sit over night with no tension.

Anyway, pretty much any goggle strap would work so maybe put an ad in the WTB section for someone with a take off. I have thrown away a bunch!

Worst case buy a cheap set of goggles from eBay for 20.00 and use the strap.

If you are tossing the speed straps away, I would be happy to pay for shipping if you want to put them in an envelope.

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
I can see if my buddies have any straps lying around that they would want to sell, or get rid of. Just PM me if you haven't found anything yet.

·
Super Moderator
9,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry guys; lost track of this thread.

I ended up paying $25ish for a set of Scott goggles on eBay; my plan is to swap the strap off of those onto my better frame/lens combo and sell the new cheaper Scotts with the speed strap combo. I had bought a few spare speed straps on ebay, so I was able to get thru my last trip just fine by sticking the new adhesive pads over the old ones, but I want to get the goo off my helmet and go to standard straps. The krazy glue idea is pretty solid, but I won't do that on this helmet. I was surprised; I'd never had issues with getting stuff to stick to a helmet in the past either, but I cleaned the helmet with alcohol pads, let them dry, and was surprised to see the sticky pads had moved and eventually pulled off.

Have a trip coming up and will take my wife's clear 509 x5's as a backup and probably end up getting a pair of them for myself. I will dig up all the speed strap parts I have and let you guys know- if someone is interested, I'll make them a good deal.

·
Super Moderator
9,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, problem solved. I got a set of Recoil XI's off ebay and swapped the strap. Now I have a new pair of basic-lens/foam Recoil XI's, never worn, with a pile of speed straps I'd like to get rid of. I'm going to put an ad in the classifieds if anyone is interested.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts