Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
JWardTBay said:
hey guys .. kind of a dumb question but im changing the pull cord on my rev and i was wondering if anyone knows of anything out there that is better than the stock one. one that doesnt wear out as fast. Also the size of the cord itself.
thanks.
[snapback]692264[/snapback]​
stock rope is 6mm. you said "doesn't wear out as fast". are you replacing them a lot? and where is it breaking?

·
Registered
72 Posts
JWardTBay said:
this is going to be my 3rd rope this season.. and it keeps breaking about 12 inches from the handle ..
thanks
[snapback]692577[/snapback]​
with the recoil on and the engine running, look at the rope at the spot it's breaking. Sometimes the vibration will make the rope move around enough to touch something, and it will wear and break there. Coating the rope with wax at that spot has helped a lot, or in extreme cases, adding another rope guide. AS far as the rope itself, the more strands in the braid, the better it will last. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
72 Posts
JWardTBay said:
hey guys .. kind of a dumb question but im changing the pull cord on my rev and i was wondering if anyone knows of anything out there that is better than the stock one. one that doesnt wear out as fast. Also the size of the cord itself.
thanks.
[snapback]692264[/snapback]​
I've replaced mine in the past with repelling rope abrasion resistant no stretch cool colors get it by the foot where climbing supplies are sold.

·
Registered
99 Posts
BRP had alignment problems with the spring guide around the rope and the rope itself. Make sure there isn't any binding. If it's necessary, there are several sizes of pull cord available. You'll have to see what the maximum is that will fit on your sled. Many outdoor power equipment dealers have it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.