Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need to replace my sliders on my MXZ 800 2002, rear ends of sliders are wearing. Question is do I have to drop the suspension, or do the sliders fit out through the windows on the track, looks tight.
thanks Dave

·
Registered
45,484 Posts
I am pretty sure you have to drop the suspension in order to complete this task. Most of them that I have done will not fit thru the track windows. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
10,877 Posts
i know several people who have done em in the sled this way. they knotched 2 windows, 180 off each other with a sharp razor, just enough to get the sliders out. none of them have had any problems either. studded or not. in fact, a freind who is a skidoo tech does this at the dealer! notch one window, replace slider then rotate track 180 and doo the other. you have to loosen the tension on the track, its easier that way. just open the square up bigger. some aftermarke tracks come with oversized windows for easier slider removal

·
Registered
64 Posts
Rampage is right on the money. I just got done doing my slides. Drop the susp. and found 2 losse bolts and it alot easier to hit all the grease fitting. It only took me 2hr to doo, that was my first time.

·
Registered
76 Posts
If you know all is OK with the suspension you can change the slides with out removing it. I've done it on my '02 MXZ & on my friends '04 MXZ. I lined up the track so I could remove the front bolts/screws then lined up the rear & lubed up the hole where the slide will pass. Then I used a hammer & chisel & carefully tapped the slide back through the lubed hole, HA HA, I said lubed hole
Had no problems putting them in also, gently tapped them up.

·
Registered
482 Posts
just finished changing mine like half hour ago. I just dropped the suspension to look over. Had a buddy help and took about an hour.

·
Registered
585 Posts
I just did my 02 mxz, just take the screw out of the front, line up the slider with a hole in the back of the slide, then slide the slider out until it contacts the hole, after that reach through the hole with a vice grips latch on and pull, they'll slide out the hole even though they don't look like they will.

·
Registered
89 Posts
farmer_mike said:
I just did my 02 mxz, just take the screw out of the front, line up the slider with a hole in the back of the slide, then slide the slider out until it contacts the hole, after that reach through the hole with a vice grips latch on and pull, they'll slide out the hole even though they don't look like they will.
[snapback]704198[/snapback]​
What he said ^^^^

Takes less than ten minutes to change both. They do fit through factory openings, no cutting required.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts