Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I have a cowling thats in pretty rough shape, was wondering what other cowling would fit on my sled if I cant find a 82 Blizzard cowling. I think I heard a Citation 4400 or something like that would also work. Thanks in advance for all your help.

Also if anyone has some pic of all the snow in northern ontario please post love to see what its like up there because in southern ontario, its green as green could be !!!!!

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Assuming you mean the cowling that covers the gas tank...[?] If so, you're looking for any model Blizzard between 81 and 84....they'll all work regardless of the model.

·
Registered
380 Posts
82_blizz_mx_5500 said:
Hey,

I have a cowling thats in pretty rough shape, was wondering what other cowling would fit on my sled if I cant find a 82 Blizzard cowling. I think I heard a Citation 4400 or something like that would also work. Thanks in advance for all your help.

Also if anyone has some pic of all the snow in northern ontario please post love to see what its like up there because in southern ontario, its green as green could be !!!!!
[snapback]734421[/snapback]​
A cowl from an Everest of the same year will work.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
any 80-84 blizzard hood should fit also everest 500 +motoski matches. how much do you want to spend on one a guy in Barrie makes new ones.

·
Banned
1,103 Posts
he charges too much blizz.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
If i get mine fixed up this summer i may make a mold for it cant be any harder to lay up than aircraft parts maybe even vacuum them so they'll be lighter..

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Maybe I will post a pic of my Hood, I am not sure if its repairable or not. I will post it tonight... would really like to know if I could or not thanks to all that have responded so far !!!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok here is a pic of what really needs repairing on my Hood. can it be done? how hard is it to do? is it something that can be done in my own garage. Please help me blizz thanks to all in advance who reply.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
I posted in your other post it's not a very hard repair and it can be done in your garage when weather permits if not heated. Glass work is not hard it's all in the prep and use quality materials.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
OK, 82 Blizz MX: I've got a beat up hood from an '80 9500 which is an example of "close but no cigar." BUT, for the small area you need on the lower left corner I believe they're the same. Soooooo, lemme know and I'll cut that piece out and rifle it to you and you'll just need to fit it in. I get rid of this piece of trash in my backyard, and everyone's happy! Gimme some rough dimensions and we're good.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Bob Rudd said:
OK, 82 Blizz MX: I've got a beat up hood from an '80 9500 which is an example of "close but no cigar." BUT, for the small area you need on the lower left corner I believe they're the same. Soooooo, lemme know and I'll cut that piece out and rifle it to you and you'll just need to fit it in. I get rid of this piece of trash in my backyard, and everyone's happy! Gimme some rough dimensions and we're good.
[snapback]742458[/snapback]​
Bob
I sent you a couple PM's

1 - 13 of 13 Posts