Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of the screws holding the wall panels to the frame on my triton hybrid trailer are rusting. Anybody ever replace these? Have a source besides triton?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Red neck trailer supply or your local trailer supply. Mc Master Carr might also have them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: schreibdave

·
Registered
182 Posts
The cheapest I've seen them is a trailer dealer on Ebay. He also offers stainless screws but they have a Philips head instead of the #2 square drive.

·
Looking for the Hot Tub...
7,044 Posts
SS screws, replace all that you can, worse the longer you wait.

Sent from my iPhone 6S while out InTheSticks

Reactions: snowx800

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
304 or 316. The 316 is a better grade but will cost a small fortune

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Make sure you get a rubber washer or something. Dissimilar materials will oxidize. Meaning a stainless screw on alum siding will cause the alum to corrode. It'll take years, but it'll happen.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Make sure you get a rubber washer or something. Dissimilar materials will oxidize. Meaning a stainless screw on alum siding will cause the alum to corrode. It'll take years, but it'll happen.
X2------ You should use Zinc Coated screws to prevent Galvanic Reaction

·
Registered
139 Posts
Any problem using Alum. screws? I used Alum screws for my vent installation and was wondering if I need to worry about them given their strength, or lack of strength.

The trailer is Alum, so I thought it would be best to stay with Alum. I tried Alum rivets at first, but they were not long enough to attach thru the vent and wall.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts