Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to replace my handwarmers,on 2006 mxz500ss bought OEM set OMG! who design these! the wires are twice the size,you will need to drill your throttle handle out to 1/4" for wire to come through to put on (Soap don't work). Found black permatex on bars and in handle works best. Don't hammer on!! get a friend with big strong hands your going to need him to push on and twist. Good luck!! Gotta be patient!

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Use a socket just big enough to fit over end of grip to protect it when tapping it on. Similar to ski doo's install tool.
That being said you can get 2 hotgrips for less than the cost of one oem. Got mine for $45 and buddy got them for $33 shipped last month. And they don't have to be beat on.
Kurt

·
Team Cheeseburger
1,011 Posts
Use a socket just big enough to fit over end of grip to protect it when tapping it on. Similar to ski doo's install tool.
That being said you can get 2 hotgrips for less than the cost of one oem. Got mine for $45 and buddy got them for $33 shipped last month. And they don't have to be beat on.
Kurt
x2 on the hot grips, we have em on 2 sleds. They work great

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Hot grips is brand name. They can be found on ebay for a good price. Some wire same as stock grip-parallel. Others wire in series- older versions were all in series. I wired mine and my buddy's using extra accessory power found under console and mounted the toggle switch on dash. You can get newer versions that are made to work with the doo wiring/switches or modify oem wiring as shown in FAQs to run the older versions which are still made. The older versions are often available on ebay cheap. New thru HG is prob ~$80. I found mine for $40 something and buddy's for $33. I just clipped stock wiring at grips and taped off ends so I could use that wiring if I ever wanted the oems back on. My buddy's grips at $33 was about 1/4 of what it would have cost to put on oem. Again, you don't have to beat them on as they fit just over bars. They take a bit longer to heat upon start up vs oem but have been great for 2 yrs.
kurt

·
Team Cheeseburger
1,011 Posts
i'm not sure if the OEM skidoo rev replacement grips (123 Hot Grips) are available anymore?

http://www.johndee.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?31824-Hot-Grips-123-3-wire

1-13-2016

"I just tried to order hot grips 123 for my ski doo and the owner is not taking orders. He replied to an email that due to medical reasons, he did not think he would be able to go back into production. Does anyone else have some suggestions for replacement grips on a 2006 Ski Doo 600 SDI?"

·
Team Cheeseburger
1,011 Posts

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Looks like Al's snowmobile has a few left, not sure if those are the correct ones or not//

as long as they are for 7/8" bars, they will work.....just a diff in wiring...parallel vs series ....diagrams provided are easy to follow

kurt

1 - 16 of 16 Posts