Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Geez,no replies.go with the cv tech.powerbloc. 80.comes with a new came". 50/47 Old one. 47/30. 433.99. Puller. Cv0155-1065. 49.99. Clutch holder. ( a must). Cv 0155-1018. 29.99. Compression tool. 5055-0002. Not a must of you have one.can possibly be modified. 115.99. Very satisfied.lot more tork,faster Little jealous here with money exchange loll. Cheers

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A 05 rev 600 ho fit perfectly took ramps and weight from old clutch put in used clutch only $300 dollars I was told anything 06 and up pretty much will work and yes it works great. Thanks dave

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
82 Posts
the original clutches dont really last long whether its the 1st or 2nd editions. the only perfect replacement is in fact the pb80 and will not break again. the problem with installing other clutches like one from a 600ho or even a tra4 is that the shaft that the clutch presses into to the motor is specially tapered to accomodate that design and cut angle. the problem is that they dont fit and leave the clutch loose, vibrating like crazy at idle and eventually snapping the driveshaft! ask me how i know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
188 Posts
Hey marks doo.we would like to know.ha d to remove motor.big job .how long to remove,put back in .what parts did you need.hard to get?if you do not reply,we will understand.horror stories are hard to relive. Merry xmas.

·
Registered
82 Posts
the motor removal is actually and easy process, all parts are still available through the Seadoo lineup, the motor is identical. i didnt remove the motor myself, i had a tech do it, he told me it took 1.5 hours to get it out. and you dont need to remive the motor to change the shaft

·
Banned
1,061 Posts
Sure, but are you certain the vibrations were due to dissimilar tapers between the primary and shaft? Is it not more likely that there was a balance issue, or other problem? I can't see why Doo would create a new taper for the Elite.

And when comparing my Elite's primary inner half with a TRA from a 2012 1200 MXZ, they sure look identical. I guess I could have them measured by a machine shop. I have the TRA ready to go on the Elite, so I want to make sure.

Did Ski-Doo confirm the dissimilar tapers?

yes, i blew two shafts because of vibrations, one with a tra4 and one with a edrive 2

·
Registered
82 Posts
Sure, but are you certain the vibrations were due to dissimilar tapers between the primary and shaft? Is it not more likely that there was a balance issue, or other problem? I can't see why Doo would create a new taper for the Elite.

And when comparing my Elite's primary inner half with a TRA from a 2012 1200 MXZ, they sure look identical. I guess I could have them measured by a machine shop. I have the TRA ready to go on the Elite, so I want to make sure.

Did Ski-Doo confirm the dissimilar tapers?
hello, to be very specific, i spoke to a tech at CVtech, the company that makes the powerbloc clutch. the reason is because the taper information is not readily available from Brp. upon further investigation we refered to his machine drawings for both the elite clutch and the rev xr and rev xs platforms. we did in fact notice the different measurements in which case it meant that it wasnt a match. and it was quite off. lastly if you want, you can try by installing your replacement clutch, bolt it in, then grab in and wiggle it. guaranteed there will be play

·
Registered
188 Posts
I am not contradicting you.these clutches are torque to 100 lbs and you can wiggle it????????I will follow up on this I will also be talking to the PROPIETER of CV.tech.will be back on the subject Cheers.

·
Sponsor
2,212 Posts
I can look in the catalog tomorrow when I get to the shop, or you can find it online.
You just look at the clutch breakdown for different fixed sheave part numbers.

I thought most later model Doo's used the same crankshaft taper, but I have zero experience with the Elite series.
I sure would like to drive one someday though! :)

·
Registered
82 Posts
not taking any or this personal, just speaking from personal experience, i blew 2 shafts with a edrive2 and a tra from 600ho. they vibrate because the taper is different

·
Registered
188 Posts
Called CVteck.to make along story short,talked to mr Adrian Bernard the founder of the company he tell,s me. That the taper is cut exactly for the taper of the elite.they are Avery big machine shop.they refurbish burnt cylinders for quic turn over.at end of season they pay 20 dollars a cylinder for the bad ones.they cut cames etc.when you order a clutch from them,it comes complete with a new came,54/47 .so a lot of testing has gone on.the only problem I know of are the covers of the 1200 that broke apiece of.recalled .new reinforced covers,no charge.I would think we would have seen this since there are a lot of these clutch,s on the elite,s including mine .want,to know the employe,s name ?????. Merry x mas .

·
Registered
188 Posts
What do you think.a good machine shop verifies everything,even more since it was tested on an elite.you just don't sell clutches with testing along with the new came cheers

1 - 20 of 47 Posts