Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
This is a bit of a warning to all Ontario sledders that are looking to have someone fix their sled. As the season approaches I noticed some adds by someone who I recognize as a very dishonest individual, criminal actually because its pure fraud. He is a great fraud artist and I can't believe he is still able to sucker people in in the innisfil area. Can't say his name in open forum due to rules so let's say initials CB, seasonal power sports aka full throttle recreational repairs. Seriously stay far far away. Mark my words you will be ripped off huge. Whether it's your pwc or sled he will really mess them up.

Used parts in your engine, out right not doing the job if you can't see it. Charging you for parts not needed on your sled.

Not qualified to push a broom on a shop floor.

Be very careful when servicing your toys. There are more then a few of these types out there. Hopefully no one on here gets taken by this fool.
78c8f17a0b3f14c35607389cbdd35d84.jpg
080794b3ecad6f1689c684ef6a6c744a.jpg
b1a352d1ae37fd7bd1d7245c30f2a148.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
His add sounds good, but anybody working at $45 an hour shop rate near Toronto doesn't sound legit to me. Everyone better do their homework and have references from friends etc. before taking anything into a shop they don't know. There are some good shops out there.

It's tough, prices of everything has gotten out of hand and people try to save where they can. Thats where dishonest guys can prey on people trying to save, or can't/don't want to pay the dealership rates. Plus the dealers don't even want to look at older stuff.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, that's exactly what's going on here! I feel sorry for the people who don't go online and do their due diligence before trusting a business with their money and their machines.
That's a thing this is not a business it's just a guy that rents houses tries to rebuild snowmobiles and PWC's in the backyard garage.

After the season's done and rent is due he moves on to another location. And again people are left looking for the guy as they got ripped off.

He's been around the barrie innisfil Angus area for some time. I'm also surprised that his name hasn't gotten out more but in a sense not, because we can't even mention his name in this form. So it gets hard to truly inform people.

A real business is much easier to hold to account. A nomadic person that continually disappears in reappears months later in different areas is much harder to track down.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ha! $40 an hour and your 850 has a higher top speed and more reliability! With used parts. What a deal!
Sorry guys, nope he won't even work on anything new. Read his adds, only old sleds. Much easier to pop in a few used pistons on a 380 fanner and charge you for new parts. Quick easy scam.

·
Registered
9,154 Posts
Exactly Baba. Get the serial # off an engine and bring her in for a rebuild requesting new crank, pistons and seals. If possible record the initial visit where you drop the sled and go over details. After you get it back open it up and see what you got, go from there.
It's a shame there are folks like him out there and they are everywhere. We give up our hard earned cash for a service and get taken. As far as I'm concerned there is a special place in hell for folks like him.
Heads's up boys and girls!!!

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
If you respond to an add, and arrive at the place and it's a run down back yard shed, that should be a major red flag. I mean there can be some good mechanics working out of a small shop but you should have some first hand references.

Thats one thing I discovered about the internet age years ago. Was going on vacation and was looking for some vintage parts. I happened across a website for a place near where I was going so figured I would go. The website looked very professional, the place was a total dump. Its easy to make a good facade.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts