Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this question is for renegade riders , when you let off the throttle does your machine coast a bit or does it slow down quickly. i have the original slides on and am going to put graphite on because i find mine seems to grab. i dont believe my track is too tight , so i was wondering if this is normal. what do your long tracks doo.

·
Registered
263 Posts
keyman231 said:
this question is for renegade riders , when you let off the throttle does your machine coast a bit or does it slow down quickly. i have the original slides on and am going to put graphite on because i find mine seems to grab. i dont believe my track is too tight , so i was wondering if this is normal. what do your long tracks doo.

[snapback]290177[/snapback]​
I guess it is all relative. What do you consider slowing down quickly? I would say my Renegade reacts the same as any other sled when you let off the throttle.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Keyman we're going to have to sit down and have a beer some day.....When I let off the gas on my Gade it feels like the EBS on my Sportsman. My old touring would coast much better than that. I found the track to be too tight so I run it with more sag. Just changed the slides at 3500KMS put on graphite and still does not coast well........

·
Registered
278 Posts
I think you guys are referring to the backshift in the clutches. To get better performance out of the machines, the clutches are set up to backshift hard and fast so the next time you get back on the throttle, you have the power you were looking for.
I don't think its a slider issue, just good backshifting.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I asked my dealer about this same issue after replacing my sliders at 500km and he said it was engine/clutch breaking rather than the sliders sticking

·
Registered
242 Posts
Exactly jbird, it's a strong backshift. What you should also notice, keyman, is after the initial slowdown (backshift) when you're down to like 20mph or so, the sled freewheels very well. At that point, the primary is all the way open and the secondary closed (back to start ratio).

·
Registered
151 Posts
You can overcome the hard backshift by keeping the throttle cracked open a little bit. If you let off all the way on the throttle - it'll backshift.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
doo fighter you are correct i did notice it at a low speed it did seem to slip along fairly well.

·
Registered
242 Posts
keyman231 said:
doo fighter you are correct i did notice it at a low speed it did seem to slip along fairly well.

[snapback]290426[/snapback]​
Of all the sleds I've had, cat, poos and this is my first doo, this sled has the least rolling resistance on the drivetrain/track. Efficiency!

·
Registered
438 Posts
when I first rode mine I was standing up and riding right along and then let off the throttle and thought I was going to go over the bars. lol. some light throttle does help

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
doo fighter i found my poo and my yammis rolled easier

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
There is a wheel kit for the rear that will help. It is the same wheel set up as the two small ones in the outer front. You have to drill out the existing holes and you are done. Top on my list. I run my track so that when on the stand and running the track moves very slow, it sags a lot more than you would think possible but it does not ratchet. Then and only then is it too loose. The clutch does back shift fast but that is good.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
motion man i am 1 ahead of you , extra idlers went on before sled came home

·
Registered
242 Posts
It's always been my opinion you're better off with less idlers than more, especially if you're trying to squeak out any additional tenths of a hp, hehe. Think about it, your track has to push those wheels around, lost hp. After a while, you'll find your hifax look something like a roller coaster wtih high and low spots. Again, more resistance. Granted, we're talking about minute amounts here, but... In general, assuming you run in decent snow conditions, your hifax will last longer with less idlers-->you're distributing the weight of the sled/rider more evenly over the enire rail.

I will say that in very low snow conditions, more idlers is better, when friction betweent he hifax and track clips is greatest it's best to keep the trackclips away from the hifax. For me, if there's that little snow, why ride?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts