Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys new to forum, and I'm just getting back into sledding since I just moved back to northern Ontario. Anyway I'm spring checking a new doo and I'm at a crossroad. Back in the day all I use to ride was the pipeline in my 800 triple Xcr. We'll those days are long gone. So as you can see it's been awhile since I've ridden a new gen sled. Got my mind set on a xrs, and a free ride. Question which would do me best. I can tell you that I would be 50/50 mix of riding. When I do hit the pipeline I will be seing 3 1/2 feet plus of the white stuff. Will the 137 x 1.5 x 15 be able to handle this. Also will I be fighting the 42 inch ski stance while carving and playing in the deep? But if I go the freeride route how will it do on the trials with the extra added weight and narrower ski stance.? And finally how comfortable is the seat on the freeride, the old body isn't as young as it use to be. Much advice appreciated.

·
Premium Member
8,429 Posts
You are pretty much covered the differences between the 2 sleds.

From the majority of what I have read, the renegade xrs is more suited to trails with the 15" track and wider front end.

I have also read the the freeride with the 16" track (I think it is 16) and narrower front end is definitely better off trail, but it can be a decent on trail set up also.

With you riding 50/50, I guess the decision is up to you.

I know I havn't told you anything you don't already know.....LOL!!!

I probably just muddied the waters for you.

Either sled will be an upgrade from your current sled, and give you a better overall ride.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ive decided im going to go the renegade route. I was on the ski doo website and downloaded the pdf file with all the spec's on the xrs. on the sheet is says elec start is optional, but when I go to the build and config it wont let me choose between elec start and a pull cord. can anyone verify that you can get a pull cord on the xrs?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
^^^ yes I did, im pretty hard on my sleds so I think the upgraded shocks is a must, plus the reinforcements lol

·
Registered
768 Posts
Good choice Kozzy, I agree and snow checking by next week!

·
Registered
590 Posts
In the description of the freeride 137 it says the rear skid has more transfer.
How does it actually achieve that?
the free ride rmotion becomes partially uncoupled when you put the rear block on the lowest setting which is why it has more travel than the stock rmotion

1 - 9 of 9 Posts