Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’m always seeing all these sleds pulling they’re skis up and cat walking/ wheelie with ease but mine seems to prefer to keep the skis on the ground. Is there something I would need to change to allow this to happen? It is a 2009 800 ptek renegade with a 137x1.25 track. Track is studded and everything. Just curious if my sled can pull them up.

·
On Thin Ice with Steve
35,680 Posts
600 short track is where it's at...
3f03e307004f4faf5826536f14fe026b.jpg
4e510a7db975e4a61ee341e45ffe84dd.png

And a 1.75" track and a slight gear change. And don't forget deep snow...

Sent from my iPhone three days ago

·
Fuzzy but not Blue........
10,650 Posts
Hard to steer with the skis dangling.......

Plus it harder to signal on coming sledders how many sleds are behind you

-grover

Reactions: G-Doo13

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
I used to ride wheelies all the time. Then my wife told me I looked like an idiot so I stopped doing it.
Can you please "replay" that conversation for us, that had to be great! (Could just be the mood I'm in or this point in my life but you made me just about run "hot chocolate" out my nose when I read your post, I need to be careful what I read while drinking!!!)

·
10,650 Posts
You forgot the standing up part too !

Doo you need a Mohawk on your helmet to ride a wheelie ?
It does help cut through the air and if you're good can be used as a rutter......

Backpack used as a counter balance but hey if you don't know all that you really shouldn't be doing it, leave it to the pros!

:rockindude:

-grover

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
So I'm always seeing all these sleds pulling they're skis up and cat walking/ wheelie with ease but mine seems to prefer to keep the skis on the ground. Is there something I would need to change to allow this to happen? It is a 2009 800 ptek renegade with a 137x1.25 track. Track is studded and everything. Just curious if my sled can pull them up.
Start with easy stuff. Stiffen the middle spring preload. Soften the rear spring preload. Drop a tooth on the upper gear in the chaincase.
Next would be more track lug depth. Deep snow always helps too.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah I mean power is in the low 160 range so I don’t really think that’d my issue. Ig I’ll have to try the straps

·
Super Moderator
9,641 Posts
Traction- the more the better

Weight transfer- could be most important; coupled skids suck, as they are meant to keep skis on ground

Power delivery- quick response is a must

Power- when is less better?

Skill/technique- can make up for shortcomings in all of the above

·
Registered
758 Posts
Instant throttle response-like 1000 rpm to 8000 with no hesitation, preferably up a slight incline, traction of at least 1.75"-longer the better for length also. Skid setup for lots of weight transfer. And most of all, you'll find most pics are in really deep, soft snow. Either your skid is going to dig a hole or propel you forward. You want the hole. It's not so much the sled going up but the track digging down in the soft snow thus making the front of the sled come up.
Without these certain conditions, it comes down to pure HP. Sure my 146" with PTEK can get the skis in the air, but my cousin showed me what a turbo 800 can Do.

Attachments

·
10,650 Posts
Always^^

-grover

·
Registered
502 Posts
Don't forget the Calvin peeing on Polaris sticker!

:huh: That'll get any sleds skis up there!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts