Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 renegade 600X with 8700 miles on it, love the sled, but after driving 9 hours to go sledding, the stator blew after 3 hours riding...and i'm back home waiting for parts.

I'm thinking it's time to deal it...

My riding is 90% trail 10% off, I ran DS2 skiis and a 1.6 studded track on the X. I drove my friends 2019 600R backcountry, and love the long track on the trails...but found it tippy in the corners...

I'm 51, this might be my last sled, various achy body parts are having an affect...so....

I can get a 2020 600R renegade, and run what I know, I can get a leftover 2019 600R back country and put offset spindles on it to help the tippy factor...or a 900 ACE enduro could be the way to go, and just stay on the trail...

I could fix the 2015, and maybe spring order a 600X gade, there was no X 600 back country, which has me thinking to get a deal on the 2019 and go....

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Personally not a fan of the ACE 900 v. a two stroke. Rode a new 600R and a new 900 ACE last year (dealer friend's demos).....600R is impressive

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MODS can you move this to a GEN 4 forum, either renegades or backcountries please...

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Come over to the 4 stroke life. Just browse the 900 ACE forum and take note of the lack of problem treads.

When I browse the 2 stroke forums I see so many serious problems like your burned stator and guess what, you could get it all back together and it could happen again in less than 1000 miles.

Buy a 4 stroke and it probably will be your last sled.

Buy a used 4 stroke and put the money you saved into a top-of-the-line shock upgrade customized for your weight and riding style and some 6.9 skis for the little offtrail riding you may doo. That stock enduro might be kind of stiff for you depending on your weight.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts