Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what shocks should i put on the front of a 04 renegade? i do mostly ditch ridding, off trail, field ridding and jumping but do ride some trails. i dont want to spend to much but i do want a nice ride. thinking maybe buy used and get them rebuilt??

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
You are on the right track looking for used ones and having them rebuilt. I would also suggest getting ahold of Ian @ Monster Performance or Lynn @ AMaizing Kustoms. They may be able to hook you up with a used package including a rebuild. Both are site sponsors.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Look for the x package shocks used. Get them rebuilt and your good to go

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
To my understanding, Lynn (Maize) generally doesn't sell used shocks anymore. However, he can and will rebuild a set for you. Ian, on the other hand, specializes in both used and new shocks and other suspension accessories. He'll set ya up with something that fits your budget, riding style, and weight. Yes, you can find something used on Ebay and have them rebuilt and revalved somewhere. But what I've noticed is that by the time you get em bought and pay for shipping, rebuilding, and revalving, ya might as well have saved yourself the headache and just bought them from Ian to begin with. They'll be right the first time or he'll work with you until they are. Don't believe me? Just ask around. I've heard of no one that has been unsatisfied with Ian's work.

Ian set me up with ZBROZ Ressie Exit XOs on both the skis and skid of my 800 gade. Love em for the very kind of riding you describe. A lot of jumping and ditch banging. I'd doo the same for my 600sdi gade if $$$ wasn't an issue, but I think I'm gonna be putting HPG ressie x-shocks on front and single shaft x-package shocks on rear since its my backup/wife's sled and shocks are interchangable between the two. Goto Ian's website and look over the options...http://www.monsterperf.com/index.html

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Ian will know all the measurements
18" eye to eye fronts
Rear skid is like 22 3/4"
Center is somewhere around 13" if i remember correctly

1 - 6 of 6 Posts