Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
I have a 2005 renegade 800 x with an 1 3/4" 136" track (Picked) and am looking for suggestions on trail performance clutch kit, lets hear it
I have always felt with most clutching changes that you gain in some areas, lose in others. Are you a clutching type guy that likes to change weights, and experiment, etc? That's the big question. If not and you just want constant performance and not lose time tuning, I suggest maybe dropping a tooth or two with that track, add a red dalton spring, get some quick clickers to ensure you are reaching max RPM on all snow conditions, and keep your rollers and springs fresh. Keep the clutches clean and press the gas.

Just in my experience with clutch kits and different secondarys(team, etc) you spend more time tuning than you do riding. Lots of guys that I ride with spend tons of cash on kits and they aren't pulling stock sleds that are just properly set up. I know I'll catch fire for that comment, but if you are just a gas and go guy keep it simple.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey I have a 2010 renegade 800 X and am also looking to make changes to my clutching. As of right now it is completely stock, I am planning on heading to the mountains this year and would want the clutch to respond the same way as the summits do. Any suggestions?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.