Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some help!

Last spring when I put my 2011 Rev XP 800 etec Renegade away, I used the summarization feature, removed the belt, put on my battery maintainer and put it on the stand.

I rebuilt the primary clutch, put new hyfax on, couple idler wheels during the summer.

Winter is nearing so I wanted to get it ready so I started it up for the first time to seat the primary and burn the oil out. It started up and was running a bit weird and then I got 2 check engine codes: 1 P1351 and 0 P1562. I shut it off and started it again, same thing.

It then said something about reduced power mode or reduced rpm, safe mode basically and then it shut off on it's on. Started it again and this time I had no gauges or lights or anything but it started just fine.

I shut it off and did some searching. I found the problem might be the relay that sits on top of the oil tank. I removed the relay, started the sled and the gauges and lights came on. It said something about battery not charging, I figured due to the missing relay.

Today I replaced the relay, started the sled and the gauges came on and no check engine lights or limp modes or battery messages. Great! Well then the warm up mode stayed on for a long time, I figured this may be to burn the oil off from summarization. I let it idle. Well it had been idling for quite a while and the temperature was up to 4 bars and still was in warm up.

I shut it off, started it back up. Still in warm up.

Shut it off again, started it up and this time there was no gauges or lights again. Gave a little blip of throttle and they came back. Tried this again, started up stat there idling with no gauges for a while, then I gave it a shot of throttle and the gauges came back on. Still in warm up.

Sled seems to be stuck in warm up mode and the gauges and lights are interment. Relay didn't fix it. I tested the battery while it was running and the voltage was 12.45 V, so not charging.

What should I check next? Before replacing the relay I was looking all over the wires and connectors for issues. Removed the gauges and checked wires. Couldn't see any issues.

Please help!

·
Registered
361 Posts
p1351 is a fault for MAG ignition shorted to system voltage and p1562 is low system voltage under 60v. you could just have a bad coil or you could have a stator going bad. Remove the coil check the back side for any sticky goo leaking out. if it does, the coil is bad. you could also unplug the stator and check all the leads to ground and to each other. they shouldn't be grounded. With the gauges not turning on till you hit the throttle I'd be more leaning towards a stator issue.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply!

Would a bad coil cause the low system voltage code?

I feel like a bad stator could cause both codes but was really hoping it wasn't that. Is there tests I can do to both to be sure?

What about a bad capacitor?

Would you expect these codes to go away and come back?

Do you have a good resource for removing the stator?

Thanks again!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Thanks for the reply!

Would a bad coil cause the low system voltage code?

I feel like a bad stator could cause both codes but was really hoping it wasn't that. Is there tests I can do to both to be sure?

What about a bad capacitor?

Would you expect these codes to go away and come back?

Do you have a good resource for removing the stator?

Thanks again!
any component that runs off the 60v circuit injectors, capacitor, coils, and ecm. if one is draining to much voltage you'll get P1562. I'd check your coil first for leaks most of the coils i replaced were leaking goo out the back and the others only acted up once the motor and coil was warm.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts