Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I recently had a little accident on my sled and broke my spindle and tie rod in the process. I plan on replacing these on my own but I haven't done it before so I have a few of questions

1. to remove both a-arms and tie rod from the spindle do you need a ball joint separator or could I use some sockets and bolts to separate?

2. How did you guys go about separating the ball joints?

3. on the side of the tie rod that connects to the steering post is it just a bolt you have to take out?

Let me know what you can! Thanks!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just realized from some pics I was looking at, Is it just the nut on the bottom I have to remove and just remove it from the spindle like a bolt? or is is pressed in there?

·
Premium Member
8,429 Posts
I'm thinking they are pressed in, and you need to "pop" them out.

Not sure what is the best method to doo this.

I'm sure someone else will offer the best way.

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
Remove the nut, then put it back on with your fingers until the nyloc stops the nut. Wack the nut with a rubber mallet or a hammer. Can use a piece of wood if you are worried about damage.

·
Administrator - East Coast Tony
900T XRS
55,415 Posts
Not really "pressed in" but a tapered fit that holds tight.

DTXRSB has given you good advice.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
You don't need a puller a hammer hit hard on the old bent spindle (edge of ball joint) will pop the tapper press out. Like the video above or other posts. If it's a junk spindle the hammer marks won't matter. Good luck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts