Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner

Removing Rear Shock w/QAS

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Valonmxz 
#1 ·
Any detailed write-up or tips on removing the rear shock from a '21 Gade XRS w/r-motion X and QAS? Not looking to remove the entire skid, as I heard the rear shock can be removed w/skid installed. TIA!

#2 ·
Should be able to.

Did it on a r motion

Trick i did was lift back of sled with a stand

Then use a floor jack under track

Jacked up to compress front shock a little

I removed limiter then let jack down slowly just to find sweet spot were shock had no tensin on it

Then did same for rear

Do not take jack out completley and leave in place untill rear shock back in or skid will fall to low and torsion springs will come out of holders.

#3 · (Edited)
Here are a few pics of my removal.
Remove four ASCS that hold the cover over the QA. and remove cover.
Remove the four ASCS with nyloc nuts that secure the plastic base mounting plate to the sled.
Do not loosen the Banjo Bolt on the hose. It's snug in there but it will slide out
Drill out the three Pop Rivets that hold the protective bash plate on the underside
Remove the adjuster knob.
Route the QA through the running board.
Using vise grips if needed to hold the rivet from spinning, drill out the remaining rivet that secures the hose.
Remove the shock mounting nuts.
Using a ratchet strap compress the suspension lightly if needed to remove shock bolts.
Remove shocks

Remember to completely loosen the torsion spring adjuster so you can get a socket or wrench on the upper rear shock bolt. Its tight in there. There is a little bracket there for the hose that needs to be removed as well

I used stainless Machine screws to reinstall the protective plates using locknuts and loc-tite

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Bumper Motor vehicle
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Rim Gas
Hood Automotive design Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper
Hood Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive exterior Wood
Tire Hood Automotive tire Light Automotive exterior
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Bicycle tire Bicycle
Sleeve Tool Automotive tire Everyday carry Automotive lighting

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.