Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have never done this before as I previously owned Cats without the exhaust valves. I do my own maintainance so I can handle this. Taking a big trip next week so I want to make sure everything is good. What all do I need to do this and how long should it take? Anyone have a step by step for the powertech engine? Are there gaskets that need replacing? Is there something I need to watch out for? Thanks for the help!

·
Mod'n is my thing
6,288 Posts
By using a ball end wrench you can get them off without taking off the black cap. Two bolts each side. Carefull not to tear the green gasket when you pull them off...wouldn't hurt to have a spare in case.

Go to www.inglesperformance.com online microfische or your dealer.

Wipe them off and put them back in. Make sure the "top" goes up. It is marked on the blade. Very easy and less than 20 minutes. You can unhook the black hoses if need be as well.

·
Registered
127 Posts
REV*BARON said:
By using a ball end wrench you can get them off without taking off the black cap. Two bolts each side. Carefull not to tear the green gasket when you pull them off...wouldn't hurt to have a spare in case.

Wipe them off and put them back in. Make sure the "top" goes up. It is marked on the blade. Very easy and less than 20 minutes. You can unhook the black hoses if need be as well.
[snapback]708413[/snapback]​
Revbaron
What exactly is a ball end wrench?

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
REV*BARON said:

[snapback]708413[/snapback]​
Thanks Chuck! I figure it's about time I took them off and cleaned them. I'll pick up spare gaskets just in case. Heading to Newberry Thursday so I need to make sure everything is ready.

·
Fuzzy but not Blue........
10,652 Posts
Don't have to worry about oil in the bellows on the Power TEKs either. Just do the valves now. If you decide to open the bellows be prepared to fight with the bellows spring getting back on. They used the ones from a Chevy head now!!!
-Grover

1 - 5 of 5 Posts