Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys just bought a 2000 ski doo mxz 600 it has 5000 miles and was wondering about the rave valves. I dont know if they have been cleaned before or what kind of oil is being run/has been run in the sled. If someone could provide pictures or a detailed description on how to remove and clean the valves that would be great. Also what is the best oill to run to keep the valves clean. Thanks

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
I would search this topic, the ski doo brand works pretty well but amsoil interceptor keeps clean the best. I would pull them if there is 5000 miles on the sled. Pretty straight forward, be careful with the gaskets though!

·
Registered
488 Posts
Hey guys just bought a 2000 ski doo mxz 600 it has 5000 miles and was wondering about the rave valves. I dont know if they have been cleaned before or what kind of oil is being run/has been run in the sled. If someone could provide pictures or a detailed description on how to remove and clean the valves that would be great. Also what is the best oill to run to keep the valves clean. Thanks
i can make you a vid tonight when i get home from my night class. real easy. but there are a few things to watch out for. I was planning on cleaning mine this weak anyhow.

·
Registered
529 Posts
There is a great vid on YouTube also. Search clean rave valves or something long those lines

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks alot Gotmyho first ski doo so trying not to screw it up if you cant post it to this forum please leave a replay so we find where its at

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
also thank you mastak89

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
mastak89 where did it upload too?

·
Registered
529 Posts
I get it totally. This was my first year cleaning raves also. Before you start go buy the gaskets that you need. And one thing to remember when your putting it back together. Be carefully not to screw the below on to tight. Really easy to over tighten and break. Learned that the hard way. Good luck

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks Gotmyho yeah im getting the gaskets saturday and making this a sunday project. do you also clean the below it self taking everything apart or just the valve itself?

·
Registered
529 Posts
I had one bellow with oil in it that I cleaned. But yeah I cleaned the rave valve itself and the port they sit in

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
hey thanks alot mastak89 awsome video lots of help

1 - 18 of 18 Posts