Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
[attachment=1949005:2AF92_AS01.jpg

I have a bottle like this at work that is filled with acetone. The bottle is made from high density polyethylene... same thing Doo side panels and belly pans are made of. Ive tried just about everything to get the oil stains off my yellow panels. Acetone works the best and it doesnt attack the plastic. Now my panels arent shiny they have a kind of pebbly textured finish. Not sure how it would affect glossy panels so if you try it do it where it wont show first

Attachments

·
Registered
352 Posts
I use Castrol Super clean. Spray on the the stains just start coming off. Follow up with a Mr. Clean magic erasure sponge if necessary. I then rinse with water after to be safe.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I've got a black xrs that barely shows the exhaust buildup, I'm a perfectionist and was bored yesterday. I usually use kerosene that takes most of it off but with the light I could see there was still a layer so I thought what the heck grabbed carb cleaner and it took it off. Then I waxed it with nu finish and it looks good. Sure wouldn't use it on paint that worked on the plastic without melting.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Been using Bleche White for years. It's actually made for white letter tires, but whatever chemical is in it it works amazing on snowmobile plastic. They sell it at Walmart in the car aisle.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Mr. Clean Magic Eraser pad and lots of elbow grease is just about the only thing that will get the exhaust stain off of the yellow plastic panel near the exhaust outlet on my Blizzard. Spray Nine won't do anything to it on that plastic for some reason even though it is usually good for getting grease off of things.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts