Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
D17
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i dono if it is my riding style or what but i have a handlebar rise kit on my 600 ho adrenaline, and i ride standing up prolly 75% of the time. feels comfortable, although i often accidentally hit my switches, and it happened to me last week in a cross country race, as i was cresting a hill in a tight woods section, i leaned forward and hit the kill switch, i was in 3rd place, and was put to the back fast after i lost all momentum on the hill and needed a track attendant help me get over it.

there has been times where i lean forward and hit the ReR also, luckily it was never at high speeds but still, many times i hit the hand warmer switch on and off also. just wondering what i should doo.

Should i get a higher rise kit, or try relocating these buttons, i am sure the ReR and hand warmer relocation may be a bit tricky, but a new, say 440 style throttle block with a different kill switch may work.

I need any ideas you guys have used or thought of, thanks.

dave.

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Are you running a straight bar/pivot riser set-up? Is your steering stem in the forward position? I've never had any problems hitting the buttons at speed, you might need to move your bars forward and up.

·
D17
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I HAVE THE original steering stem, with a riser block, and a riser kit and bars off of a summit. the bars are actually angled slightly forward when looking at the profile of the sled.

i am thinking maybe the steering stem could be giving me a bad angle.

either way, i would definitly like to re-do the throttle/kill switch.

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
For the kill switch pick up a rubber o-ring in the plumbing dpt of a hardware
store that you really have to stretch to get over the kill switch and fat enough
that you have to hold the kill button down for a couple seconds to kill the engine.
As soon as you release the button it should pop back up, then just bumping it
shouldn't kill the engine.

Good Luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.