Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2018arctic cat 8000. Sled doesn't have start button like on skidoo sleds. It has a key tucked behind windshield in an awkward spot. I'm trying to install push button start.
f2a97680aac1035d517f6fd7f7e80984.jpg
Trying to come up with a fail safe for starter button. I think this might work but need second opinion. So when key is on on position, start button will be connected to terminals A and D. When I push button that should complete circuit and start the machine. When sled is running it will supply power to the ACC plug which will energize relay coil and open up number 30 and 87a on relay. With that Circuit open start button will not work well machine is running. My concern is how much power will there be at the 12 V accessory plug while the machine is trying to start. If there's too much power at ACC plug the relay will open before machine starts and the start button won't work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13,545 Posts
Easy enough to measure the voltage at the power outlet while cranking the engine and see at what point it becomes live?
You can also get time delay relays that would do the job IMO

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How would you hook up a time delay relay. Never used one before. That would definitely solve my problems

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Reactions: bar549

·
Registered
13,545 Posts
I think he must want it setup so the starter won’t engage if the button is pushed by accident with the engine running. Haven’t used one myself, but they’re advertised as a five pin relay such as the drawing, with adjustable time delay for when the relay turns the circuit on or off.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
Make sure you use a mixture of metric and standard hardware that way all will think it is factory installed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts