Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I figured out my problem why my 440X wouldn't make full power and full rpm. It felt like it only ran on one cylinder and when I took the carbs off, the boots had a considerable amount of fuel in them. I think its my reeds. WOuld a cracked or broekn off reed cuase fuel buiild up int he boot along with lost MPH and LOST power? But, I just checked Ingles site, and it says the V-Force reeds that come in the 440X's are $220 a piece?! (microfische) Does this sound right? Thanks...-Chris

·
Registered
204 Posts
Mine does the same thing loads up real bad on the bottom and takes 300 yds to clean out I thought it was way to rich but it wasnt lots of fuel in the fuel screw orfice cleaned the carbs twice couldnt find any thing then I looked at the reeds hair line cracks all over the corners all four reed pedals. part numbers for v force three reeds for replacement pedals Bombardier Mobile SU v force petals A-7( 101-2p127-1). Mine would only rev to 8000 and had a hard time with that and flucuate rpms. Talk to Paul Aris he said you could get them for adiscount through him

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
440man said:
I think I figured out my problem why my 440X wouldn't make full power and full rpm. It felt like it only ran on one cylinder and when I took the carbs off, the boots had a considerable amount of fuel in them. I think its my reeds. WOuld a cracked or broekn off reed cuase fuel buiild up int he boot along with lost MPH and LOST power? But, I just checked Ingles site, and it says the V-Force reeds that come in the 440X's are $220 a piece?! (microfische) Does this sound right? Thanks...-Chris
[snapback]289309[/snapback]​
If your reeds are cracked or just not sealing properly it will run right complete edit for bad language. They need to seal properly on the reed cage or it will blow the mixture right back through them on the compression stroke. I check mine at least once a season, think about how many times they open and close a second at 8600 rpm.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.