Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I checked my reed petals the other day and they were all good except for one petal, it had a few pinholes in it maybe ten total and really tiny, I've heard some of you guys talking about this and wondered if this is going to cause any probs.......or will it be fine for a while.

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
Turtle,
Are they really pin holes or just small round clear spots that you see when the petal is held up to the light? There is a gel coating over the carbon fiber and that actually seals the petal. I just bought a new set of reeds and one petal had many clear spots...the reed was solid - the gel coat sealed it up.

Check your "spots" by LIGHTLY probing them with a sharp object or blow through them or some similiar method. I will bet the reeds are fine.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tom White said:
Turtle,
Are they really pin holes or just small round clear spots that you see when the petal is held up to the light? There is a gel coating over the carbon fiber and that actually seals the petal. I just bought a new set of reeds and one petal had many clear spots...the reed was solid - the gel coat sealed it up.

Check your "spots" by LIGHTLY probing them with a sharp object or blow through them or some similiar method. I will bet the reeds are fine.
[snapback]276001[/snapback]​
Holding them right up to a light is the only way I can see them, really tiny and in a cluster about the size of a dime on the top petal all the way over to the left side of the reeds.

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
Look at them again and carefully determine if they are in fact holes. I will bet they are cover with gel coat and are perfectly fine.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
turtle,
you are fine and thye aren't holes, just clear spots. When they break, they break at the tips and I have seen whole pedals gone. That isn't going to make a difference.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts