Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Broke the plastic dawg off a 2001 MXZ recoil. I was wondering if you can just replace the broken part or not. I heard they weren't rebuildable?????

·
Shoooow meeee the POWDER!!
3,849 Posts
Yup, you can order the individual parts that you need from DOO. I did it on my '99 600. Depending on how many miles you got on your sled, I'd consider replacing everything in there. It will save you alot of hassle on the trail.....TRUST ME I KNOW!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Rhubarb said:
Broke the plastic dawg off a 2001 MXZ recoil. I was wondering if you can just replace the broken part or not. I heard they weren't rebuildable?????
[snapback]282852[/snapback]​
Have done it twice on my 2000 MXZ 700, can get the real McCoy parts from your dealer, or CT (at least mine does) sells the kimpex replacment parts for mucho cheepo.

·
Registered
380 Posts
replace it all. IT is rebuildable. I have done a few of them, had to do my buddies polaris in the upper pennsulia a few weeks back. But anyways replace it all when my spring went bad i put a new one in it a month later the plastic part broke and had to take it apart again. So i suggest you replace everything at once i got my sheeve and spring from the doo dealer for about $30.00 for both
mark

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks I was just looking at it and noticed that it is able to come apart. I looked up the prices and as everyone said it is cheap.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts