Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pull cord, no tension to turn over motor but does rewind. So, I started by using the rope in tool pouch on primary, rode about 8 to 10 miles, shut off machine went to start again with primary rope & nothing. Will not start, no spark at all.

Something effect the stator, could these things be connected in any way?

I haven't had the chance to rip into anything yet.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
If the recoil fails because the press on nut that keeps the parts on the post falls off, that nut can work its way behind the flywheel and damage the stator. Happens quite often.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Yes, they can be ohm checked. You will need to get specs though.

Unfortunately, like mentioned above, the clip comes off the recoil, gets behind the flywheel and damages the stator. Seen it too many times.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Removed recoil assm. looks fried, found a torn up washer/fastener inside. Stator has a bunch of ware & rub marks....all because the recoil failed..........

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Me too and brp dont care cuz they sell all the parts over again including a $200 recoil and $600 stator + labour. It will be the last ski doo i ever buy.
X2

Is there any notice, bulletin etc? Seems like it's a regular thing from what I'm reading. Just got out of factory warranty in mid Dec 2013,

going to TRY & get it covered as this same machine has been into the dealership (in fact 2 different dealerships in warranty) THREE other times for poor starting. So some things have been documented FWIW.

Fix & then SELL this POS. Bye-bye SD & BUY something else.

F me once, shame on you, F me twice, shame on me............

·
Registered
208 Posts
No recalls or bulletins that i have ever seen. I also had a tower fail which is brps design flaw on xp chassis and it was alot more coin.. They Love selling belts and cranks too so much they are backordered every yr. Why fix stuff that makes so much $$$ is the moto...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts