Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I bought a 2011 Backcountry X 800 e-tec last year, and I knew right from the start the shocks needed to be re-valved.

Who in Canada are the best to deal with? I know a guy from back home that is very well known and has a good reputation, but if I need to ship my shocks I might as well check around first.

I just need a revalve/rebuild... I am going to be making them a hell of a lot stiffer.

Would anyone suggest changing out the springs also?? or should a re-valving do the job?
I'm 165lbs without gear.

Thanks!

·
Registered
208 Posts
I bought seals from http://www.shocktec.ca/index.html for a fair price. He shipped quick to Winnipeg real quick. He was real helpful with tips when I was teaching myself to rebuild my own shocks. He told me what weight oil worked good for the shock.
I would look for someone local on Kijiji with the necessary tools and buy the seals and revalve from a guru like Frank. You could also ship your shocks to him for a little more $$$.

·
Registered
659 Posts
its not in canada, but i would get in touch with Ian at Monster Performance. He knows what you will need and can answer any spring questions for you. quick turn around and good prices too!!!!!

greg

·
Sled Builder
9,282 Posts
If you are going to send them, I can get the valved up for you.

I am not sure if you are going, but I will be at the Toronto Snow Show in 2 weeks if you are going, you can drop them off and save shipping one way.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I asked myself the same question last year, Really wanted to ship them to Ian but didn't want to worry about the hassle of the border. I talked to a few locals here in Lab City that had used Frank at Shocktec.ca, everyone was pleased with his service and knowledge on valving etc. Sent mine to him, more than pleased...best my Renegade has rode since I owned it. about 2 weeks turn around

1 - 5 of 5 Posts