Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
I know this probably belongs in another forum, however, I figured most of you dooers moved up to a rev from an MXZ Renegade. So here is my tale of horrors. 3 couples trailered from outside of Detroit to Twin Lakes for 5 days of riding and fun. First day all sleds ran great. Second day, got 14 miles on the sleds and my buddies 2002 MXZ 700 Adrenaline (ZX Chassis) lost power and came to a stop. Tried to pull it over and engine is locked. We then worked the clutch back and forth while it cooled down. Then restarted, it ran for about 3 seconds then screeched to a halt and could not turn it over.

So here is are my questions. What are we going to need in parts and a rough guess in cost? How long does it usually take to rebuild a motor so he can calculate the amount of beer needed?

Oh yeah forgot to mention. When my buddies sled blew up (Super Bowl Sunday) the guys stayed back and got the food ready at the Yooper Lodge and the wives went for a ride up to Quincys for a pop. How is that for a switch!!!!!

·
Registered
315 Posts
There is Alot of veriables on what would cause a seizure. Most of the times its a lean out condition on one cylinder that does the damage. I would not have started that motor a second time, for that just stresses out any remaining good parts. If its one cylinder and piston, around 175.00 for a recoating job, plus new piston 60.-120. Gasket kit 35.00.
Thats just rough guessing. Until you take off the head and see what you have.
If you had a main bearing go, and hopefully didn't spin in the case, a total parts bill for the engine would be in the 1200. range. Thats what I spent in parts for my 600 when the crank locked up

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.