Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off ive searched and cant seem to come up with anything. I have a 04 Adrenaline 800 with 2500 miles on it.

Ive been reading about flipping the rear coupler blocks for some extra traction, so while i was in the garage today i went a head and did it. Now im a big rider (about 300+) and when i flipped the blocks the rear suspension seems to be extra soft down until the blocks hit the aluminum (fully coupled i guess). But then i have some more suspension travel if i jump up and down on the sled. Now with me being 300 lbs is that suspension gonna bottom out hard on jumps and bumps? It looks like it is sitting a lot lower. Is flipping the blocks a bad idea for someone my size? The center shock is set to the firmest setting and i moved the rear springs to the hardest setting (4). Is this al normal? Please help i dont want to screw anything up , thanks

Ryan

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ummmm...No

Where would i get heavier springs? Ski-doo? What do they cost? Are they hard to change?

But also.....even without me on it it sometimes sits with the coupler blocks all the way to the back. Is this normal? Thanks

Ryan

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I even tried to move the spring preloads back to side 1 which would be the least preload and when i do that it sets even lower without me on it. I mean that makes total sense but im just worried about it bottoming out and messing up something. When I set on it there is still travel but it just looks like the darn thing sets to low. Any enlightenment would be great on this. Thanks

·
Registered
8,113 Posts
coupler blocks will effect weight transfer and hence traction but it should not effect how the sled sits or hits bumps...

with 300 lbs (I am about 270 with gear on) and 2500 miles, your dure for a new set of springs...

pertty cheap rear torsions are bout 40$ ea. and "failry" easy to change out, just depends on how mechanical you are...

I had to 04 adrenaline and the perfect setup for me was-

stock valving on all shocks
shock springs stock and set to 2
front skid shock stock spring and set to 3
rear torsion springs (next stiffer spring) up from stock

worked very very well!

If you want the spring part number PM me I can get it...

What you cannot do with that sled, (and you weight) it get it to handle the stutter bumps well AND the long frequency bumps too! (SC-4 fixed that) so adjust the sled for the type you encounter most... (usually the short freq are the most common) and botytom occasionally in the long freq bumps...

just my take!

·
Registered
20 Posts
batesfusion said:
Ummmm...No

Where would i get heavier springs? Ski-doo? What do they cost? Are they hard to change?

But also.....even without me on it it sometimes sits with the coupler blocks all the way to the back. Is this normal? Thanks

Ryan
[snapback]701343[/snapback]​
Ryan you can get them at your local dealer. Tell them your weight and the will set you up. They are not that hard to change. I just did mine about two weeks ago. If you need a step by step, let me know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.