Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
I have 800 miles on a new pair of rear springs. (new this season)
I set the sag just like the book says, 2"-3" sag sitting on the sled.
I set it at 3", on the 2nd block setting..
Today it measuers 5",,, I turned the blocks to the 3rd settings, gained about an 1/8",, then I tried the 4th setting on the block and gained another 1/8",,,,
I cant get the sag were it needs to be, Im sitting with 4-3/4" sag and I allready have Ski Doos next size heavier over stock springs..
When I first got the springs, I could really feel the difference, now it just feels spongy and doesnt sit up like it should, ,,,Even when just sitting by itself, its got toooo much sag..
???????????????
Thanks Guys for any imput or advice..

·
Registered
757 Posts
Your shock probably needs rebuilding. But I do think Doo springs wear out or "set" kind of fast. There will probably be some guy on here thats gonna tell you that springs don't wear out but thats a bunch of BS.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Snow Ruffian said:
Your shock probably needs rebuilding. But I do think Doo springs wear out or "set" kind of fast. There will probably be some guy on here thats gonna tell you that springs don't wear out but thats a bunch of BS.
[snapback]750431[/snapback]​
I dont think the shocks have anything to do with setting the sag...
Are there any after market companys that make rear springs ??

·
Doo Rider
3,170 Posts
you probably gained about 20lbs cause of lack of riding this year....

I can't see springs losing that much "spring" in just one season with that low miles.

How much do you weigh,,and are they stock springs in there right now?? whats the colour code on them....that will tell you if they are the right springs for you

·
Registered
43 Posts
wrong!! shocks do affect the sag. x shocks can deteriorate quickly from the factory. Many rebuild them right away.
Also, make sure you are on a level surface when you test, and definitely not up on dolly wheels.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts