1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey would anyone have a Front Arm Weld

M5242808

Front Arm Weld

for a 2006 SWT 550. Mine has been busted and rewelded several times.

Looking for a used one.

It is the front arm on the rear suspension.

Thanks

·
Registered
6,414 Posts
Don't just weld something when it breaks, unless it broke under very unusual circumstances.

If it broke once, it was probably too weak to begin with. gusset it.

Another weak from arm wont be a long term solution, unless you plan to reinforce it before it breaks.

·
Registered
6,996 Posts
Those yeti-yeti II front arms are crap from the factory, brand new sled from the dealer one of the first thing we do is re-inforce both main rear suspension pivot arms.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i agree but with both of you but from the frequent welding, gusseting etc. the old one is now swiss cheese. still looking for a used one as they are hopefully a lot cheap and the new one is going to be crap anyway. Thanks for the input though.

·
Registered
6,996 Posts
Give your general location, someone may chime in with a spare.

Reactions: LabradorBoy

·
Registered
227 Posts
Yes they are crap mine broke a few times now where the bottom grease nipple is and welded and broke and welded and broke again but not sure how to reinforce by the nipple at all. The crack was V shaped on top and bottom of nipple, Getting very tired of fixing machine becoming like a daily routine any time you go anywhere for a day you spend a day in the shop fixing what you broke the day before.

·
Registered
6,996 Posts
Yes they are crap mine broke a few times now where the bottom grease nipple is and welded and broke and welded and broke again but not sure how to reinforce by the nipple at all. The crack was V shaped on top and bottom of nipple, Getting very tired of fixing machine becoming like a daily routine any time you go anywhere for a day you spend a day in the shop fixing what you broke the day before.
Cut a pipe in half to fit around the tube and weld, drill a hole big enough for the zerk and grease gun head or put the nipple right in the pipe, i see that happen a lot where the tube twist at the nipple and break, reinforce/fillin the flat "U" shape arm that runs from bottom tube to top, wrap steel around top and bottom tube, i assure you it wont twist or break after that.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts