Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to go on a trip in the morning and when I loaded the sled into the truck I noticed that only the back of the track was touching the floor of the box, the front is off the floor by a couple inches. The issue was that the centre shock was "stuck" and not rebounding. I had to pry it apart to it seemed to let go then rebound normally. When I got on the sled again it did the exact same thing until I pulled it apart again which required a fair amount of force. Has anyone had this happen and was it an issue with the shock needing to be rebuilt or something else? I am hoping it is a quick fix but doubt it.

It is on a 2013 renegade 1200 x package sled

·
Sled Builder
9,282 Posts
You are going to have to rebuild it.

The nitrogen charge is probably gone and the IFP is locked, or, there is a bunch of crud and the piston is plugged up not allowing oil to flow back.

Is the sled stored outside, and is it below freezing. If, it could also have water in it and is frozen.

The shaft could also be bent, but if it is bent enough to lock the shaft, it should be obvious.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
If your going on your trip tomorrow Id at least try to warm the shock in an attempt to unfreeze it, if your lucky enough to have that work, it would probably get you through the trip...then again

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its not bent, I can get it to rebound once I put the sled on its side and pull the suspension down with a fair amount of force it will release and rebound normally. It seems to catch at the bottom, it is stored outside so it might be ice but its been around 0 and above for a bit today. If I try to cycle it do you think it would break up whatever is in there in the short term. I am not looking to do a huge amount of KM with it before I get it rebuilt probably 100 km maximum.

Another option I thought about was turning the pre-load all the way up on the shock to help it from both bottoming out and give it more force to free it from the sticky point.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts