Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
7,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
awesome rack!!! i have a 2007 wt can i get a rack to fit mine or are these one off specials??
These are one-off specials. However, with the pictures I have posted (and the additional pictures that I have in my possession) any good fabricator should be able to duplicate them.

The ones on the TUV's are made of stainless, apparently, wihch is overkill in my case. I would just need steel, painted grey. Any good welders/pipe benders out there? Maybe a Millwright or two?

·
7,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sounds like a plan, think i will look into getting one made after christmas. Are they hinged/pinned to allow the hood to come up?
Yes, look closely to see where the rack is pinned at the two rear verticals to the bumper, then hinged at the base of the forward "V". It's a very nice set-up when completed and installed.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Those are some great racks. Make the sleds look more rugged. Wish I could make some some funmctional stuff like that.

RR

·
7,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Those are some great racks. Make the sleds look more rugged. Wish I could make some some funmctional stuff like that.

RR
Look up Kirk Hastings or David Price in Wyevale, ON. They had a local fabricator make up two racks for an Attak and an RS Venture and it was a stellar job for a one-off. I bet their guy could make one up for you like these in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Thanks for the names. They would be just up the highway from where I am. I can't stop going back and viewing those pics.

RR

·
7,718 Posts
Glad to see that it was interesting to you, I have thought about making a thread about it a few times on here. If you get to talk to the boys, tell them Rob says hi. They are great guys.

I have attached a pic of the bumper/exocage that their fabricator made up for one of their Attaks, nice job, looks even better in person.

DSCN4755_lowres.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
417 Posts
Rob,
Are the pics of those skandics from the guys that went to Ungava bay??? If so those guys had a hard go....
Also, are you looing for suggestions for next years race route?? If so PM me

·
7,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Rob,
Are the pics of those skandics from the guys that went to Ungava bay??? If so those guys had a hard go....
Also, are you looing for suggestions for next years race route?? If so PM me
Yes, that's Louis Guay's crew. They had a hard go on Hudson's Bay, that's where they went through the sea ice. The run to Kuujuuaq from St-Raymond is long, but it's not that difficult. Lots of barrens and ice, but no long stretches of deep snow.

I appreciate the offer on the race route options. I have a lot of options scoped and ready to go from CFalls to Goose, but if you have any passable alternatives for the Lab West to CFalls end, I am all ears. I would like to avoid the narrow piece of land between Bowdoin Canyon and the forebay near CFalls, I hate that area b/c it's so restricted.

Email or PM is the better way to discuss, Bingle has my address. Send me some .gdb or .gpx files for options if you wish.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts