Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
There was a big write up a week ago about this guy screwing another dootalk member and then another. And now me! Here is the complete story no alterations fellows.

I post some REV parts. At the very beginning of December this Terry drove all the way out from Croswell, Michigan to upstate NY to buy this wrecked rev chassis from me which he knew was smacked. I sold him the sled with everything minus motor, track, clutches, rear suspension, plastic side panels,and CHAINCASE for $400 and a set of beat to hell flex ski's he gave me. He's loading it and asks how much for the side panels that came off it. I said $65 you can have both. He tells me that he will swap me for a black set back at his home. I said fine send them when you get back home. Let me also add that this guy squeezed every darn thing he could for free for that price that I was planning on keeping but let it go. A week passes and no panels but this guy calls crying that the zx chaincase he had won't fit and there is a blizzard and he really wants to get that chaincase that I have for that 03 600HO chassis. He said he would swap me an 04 chaincase which is the same as a zx chaincase in case anyone cared, for my chaincase. He thanked me for selling him the sled so cheap and told me that he was happy that there are still good people out there. Ya, good line right. I felt his pain and immediately went to the post office and paid for priority mail out of my pocket to help this guy out and sent complete chaincase. He received it two days later. A week and a half go by no parts on my end. I called his cell phone and he said, ya I sent them out over a week ago you should have them by now. Now two and a half weeks later nothing. I call his cell phone several times he won't pick up when I call. I emailed him numerous times, nothing. I finally contacted another dootalk member who has been burnt by him and he gave me his home phone. I called tonite and his wife answered and asked WHO IS THIS. I said Jim. She told him it was Jim and immediately they hung up. Called back three times and they won't pick up. WHAT TO DO???????????

ANY SUGGESTIONS DOOTALKERS. This is the same guy that was being talked about on another formum not to long ago. I'm gonna post his name and address for all you to stear clear. I have never had a problem on dootalk. This is the first but I'm not the only one who has had a problem with this person. THIS IS HIS NAME. I wasn't gonna do this, but maybe he will contact me now and stop screwing people over. Again, BEWARE, this guy has alot of junk advertised on here. This is his name:

Terry Helmold
4868 Wagner Rd
Croswell, MI 48422-9421
(810) 679-2447

He goes by skidoomxzx800x on this website but I'm sure he'll change that after these write ups. Make sure you know who you are dealing with.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Man does that ever "edit for bad language" me off. I'm the first guy to bend over backwards for someone, especially a friend. At the local watering hole I brag about the members on this site and how I can trust what they say. This situation lets me down. I hope the good members will keep be a helping hand to guys like me who aren't as mechanically inclined. And to those who are being pricks, You'll get yours!!!!!!!!! Watch out for those trees, I won't pull you out.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess this is a case of the nice guy finishes last. Like I said I've met some great people on here and felt like everyone on here was trust worthy. Those who aren't should be weeded out. Thats would I'm trying to do here.

·
Doo Pilot
1,895 Posts
I would say its time for a road trip ,with some help from the guys in Michigan (crosswell)

people like this "edit for bad language" me off
Its just like stealing !

Rich

·
Registered
508 Posts
GSX800HO said:
I would say its time for a road trip ,with some help from the guys in Michigan (crosswell)

Its just like stealing !

Rich
[snapback]263190[/snapback]​
let me know if you guys get a posse going to collect your parts i would like to join

·
Registered
768 Posts
I kinda got burned by a dootalker also last week.I bought a windshield and a seat cover from a guy in upstate NY,he said the windshield was good with no scratches no cracks,well no cracks but lotsa scratches some deep and I am not sure but it is a low windshield and but has no flare on top dont think this normal cause I can see glue where the trim is installed,whatever I guess but the seat cover is missing 3 of the 4 foam inserts that go on the side.After asking him if he has the inserts I get a reply,alll I got sorry.I rewrite him telling him I am disapointed and no reply from him.I think dootalk needs a forum or something like ebay has for sellers comments good or bad.I hate to post this guys name but it does tick me off,what should I do also I guess. Any pics of a low sindshield would be appreciated. -------After seeing many pics of low windshields on here I belive he also cut the windshield down also and did not say anything,

·
Registered
10,872 Posts

run him down, crap in his face, beat him with that flex ski...hard.

no need for this bs. HEY CON MAN...YOU SUCK. GOTO HOME DEPOT, AISLE 5, GET SOME ROPE AND HANG YOURSELF YOU WORTHLESS PIECE OF SH%^.

·
Registered
419 Posts
LOL yah I don't know if it has to go that far but something should be done, cause it sucks to CON people, especially your fellow DOO-talkers

·
Tha Hammer
1,688 Posts
Let me ck a map and see how far away he his from my house.Maybe can take a ride one of these days.

Dan

·
Registered
260 Posts
GSX800HO said:

Its just like stealing !

Rich
Come on over he is less than 20 miles from me...We can all congregate at my place and burn some old sleds in a fire,saddle up our Doo's and head out like a old posse....

·
Registered
77 Posts
Overdooinit is a nice guy. He drove from New York to New Hampshire to buy a sled and some parts from me. He looked at the stuff and bought it. No nit picking or trying to beat the hell out of me on the price. He was a good person to do business with. I"ve seen his prices and they are very fair. I wish I lived in Michigan for that posse. Goodluck.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Leo said:
Overdooinit is a nice guy. He drove from New York to New Hampshire to buy a sled and some parts from me. He looked at the stuff and bought it. No nit picking or trying to beat the hell out of me on the price. He was a good person to do business with. I"ve seen his prices and they are very fair. I wish I lived in Michigan for that posse. Goodluck.
[snapback]263344[/snapback]​
Burn His House Down

Post his # and everyone call it whenever they have had a few

·
Registered
126 Posts
He told me he was going to sell be those black panels and about 6 other things and then he fell off the face of the earth. No replies. By the sounds of this I got lucky.

·
Registered
310 Posts
seems most people on these site are straight up honest people i wonder if we could get a black list started just for occasions like this? if you have a situation like this report it to the mods then they block them from selling any stuff on this site. or at very least they could list the names so people could look at them when considering a purchase from these losers and then make a decision based on that info. dont know but i hate to see people taken it "edit for bad language" me off, and sorry for your luck man.

·
Registered
211 Posts
GSX800HO said:

Its just like stealing !

Rich
It is stealing!!!! Sounds like we need to take a road trip. I always wanted a reason to ride my sled out there

·
Registered
125 Posts
What's his user name on here? Obviously he can change it but just curious.
It's a shame that there's jerks out there like that. Eventually though it'll come back to him. It almost always does for people like that.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Wow, that really sucks. I ride a bike in the summer and my VTX forum is as great as this one, the guys on there have helped me out with tons of stuff, because I such mechanically, and we have traded and sold and bought all kinds of stuff.

The one thing that I love about bikes and sleds is that there is a close knit comaradery, almost a brotherhood and sisterhood, that we should all be looking out for one another in all aspects.

I would file a police fraud report,let the cops pay him a visit, if anything he will at least think twice before burning anyone else.

Sorry it had to happen to you, don't loose faith in the other HONEST members .

Cheers! ride safe.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Post his home phone number and we can get an address, pretty easy pickin's. Plus we can all call his home and politely inquire on your behalf.

1 - 20 of 119 Posts