Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have their hands on a 21' Expy SWT yet? I'm curious about the track. I had been going along looking at the specs listed and lug height was listed at 1.5". Please excuse the imperial measurements.

Anyway, I was just scanning a new accessory fitment sheet and it shows this part number, C9260U, as Cobra SWT with a lug height of 1.75". The "Silent Cobra" tracks being for the 20 inch WT's at 1.5". So I'm curious what is in fact coming on the sled. I'm guessing it's the 1.75" lug track but curious if anyone can confirm.

Also, do you think the skins for the 7.4 skis are worth getting if you deal with deep snow or are the 7.4's sufficient?

Lastly, on the spec sheet it shows the clutch as a pDrive™ with slider shoes. Are the slider shoes different than the a standard pDrive? I've seen the videos on the pDrive but I don't recall anyone talking about slider shoes.

·
7,749 Posts
Anyone have their hands on a 21' Expy SWT yet? I'm curious about the track. I had been going along looking at the specs listed and lug height was listed at 1.5". Please excuse the imperial measurements.

Anyway, I was just scanning a new accessory fitment sheet and it shows this part number, C9260U, as Cobra SWT with a lug height of 1.75". The "Silent Cobra" tracks being for the 20 inch WT's at 1.5". So I'm curious what is in fact coming on the sled. I'm guessing it's the 1.75" lug track but curious if anyone can confirm.

Also, do you think the skins for the 7.4 skis are worth getting if you deal with deep snow or are the 7.4's sufficient?

Lastly, on the spec sheet it shows the clutch as a pDrive with slider shoes. Are the slider shoes different than the a standard pDrive? I've seen the videos on the pDrive but I don't recall anyone talking about slider shoes.
Yup I have mine. It's a 1.5" silent cobra. Where I am, skins are a must. Still learning about the pDrive. I see the big rollers in it, not sure where the slider shoes would be.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yup I have mine. It's a 1.5" silent cobra. Where I am, skins are a must. Still learning about the pDrive. I see the big rollers in it, not sure where the slider shoes would be.
Interesting. And that's on an SWT? I wonder if the Canadian and US versions are different? I just don't even see a 154 x 24 track listed on the US fitment sheet like that. Just a 156 x 24. Perhaps this sheet only lists optional accessories.

I'm not sure how to attach the pdf fitment sheet I'm looking at here.

OK, maybe I can share this link and you can see there is no 154 x 24 x 1.5 Silent Cobra listed for utility tracks. Just making me curious. I don't think I'd mind a 1.75 inch lug frankly.

https://www.ski-doo.com/shop/Accessories/traction_control/utility_tracks.html

·
7,749 Posts
Interesting. And that's on an SWT? I wonder if the Canadian and US versions are different? I just don't even see a 154 x 24 track listed on the US fitment sheet like that. Just a 156 x 24. Perhaps this sheet only lists optional accessories.

I'm not sure how to attach the pdf fitment sheet I'm looking at here.
I have no idea what you're talking about..."fitment sheet" ??

The spec sheet says 154x24, 1.5" Silent Cobra. That's exactly what's on mine, which is a 2021 Expedition SWT 900ACE. This track is the first 154", 2.86" pitch track in any SWT. All previous generations used the old 2.52" pitch, 156x24 track with the 1.25" lug.

I was hoping that the new track was going to be a wider version of the 20" Skandic's "shovel lug" track, but it is not.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have no idea what you're talking about..."fitment sheet" ??

The spec sheet says 154x24, 1.5" Silent Cobra. That's exactly what's on mine, which is a 2021 Expedition SWT 900ACE. This track is the first 154", 2.86" pitch track in any SWT. All previous generations used the old 2.52" pitch, 156x24 track with the 1.25" lug.

I was hoping that the new track was going to be a wider version of the 20" Skandic's "shovel lug" track, but it is not.
It's a guide for fitting accessories to sleds so you know if a particular item fits your sled. Check the link I put on my post above that shows "Utility Tracks" and you'll see what's listed for 24 inch wide tracks. Anyway, I'm sure it's just some slip of the info on the website.

·
Registered
6,996 Posts
Similar to the track i have on my XU SWT's, the cobra 1.5 2.52 pitch 156 listed in the link above, the silent cobra has holes in it, this could shy me away from buying a gen4 swt if they don't offer a hole less track in a 2.86 pitch?

Reactions: aksala

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think I figured it out. 2020 SWT was 156 x 24, so the list of available utility tracks is not current for 2021.

And @suv what do you mean it has holes??

·
Registered
6,996 Posts
Whats the concern with the holes, stick poking up through or just overall durability?
Both Tom, my concern is a stick coming through and tearing the track, for me it's not a matter of if but when, i hope they do offer one without the holes but it doesn't look like it at the moment, it's going to be a big turnoff for any fellows here wanting a SWT to use in the bush, where stumps is not an issue they be fine i think

Reactions: SoloSldr

·
7,749 Posts
Similar to the track i have on my XU SWT's, the cobra 1.5 2.52 pitch 156 listed in the link above, the silent cobra has holes in it, this could shy me away from buying a gen4 swt if they don't offer a hole less track in a 2.86 pitch?
Not yet. I'm sure it'll come. I'm going to run it and see what happens.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Not yet. I'm sure it'll come. I'm going to run it and see what happens.
It sure is a nice aggressive looking track. I'm really anxious to compare the Gen 4 to an XU side by side and see how they go. And I REALLY can't wait to see the turbo along side the NA 900. That's going to be a tough choice for me when I go to plunk down my spring deposit.

I was just on Ski-Doo's website looking at accessories, though, and the prices turn my stomach. I really hope we don't lose Yamaha and Cat altogether. Ski-Doo already acts like they have a monopoly on the industry, can you imagine what they'd be like if they really did?

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
2008 I went through 2 of brp's "ported" tracks on my summit before switching.
Both times because of sticks up through the ports, totally different track as holes were much bigger.
What are the slots for? Are they suppose to make less noise passing over the drive sprocket? Or am I way off?
Weight loss?
I hope they hold up and really hope brp covers anyone if they have trouble. They covered the first track for me in 08 but wouldn't cover the second one. Blamed it on aggressive driving lol... it was a 800 summit lol
Both times less then 1000 kms on tracks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,996 Posts
I'm really anxious to compare the Gen 4 to an XU side by side and see how they go.
The expedition 900 Gen4 may not be faster then the xu's but hands down they are a much..much better sled to drive, easier handling, also way more power from a standing start, i have nothing bad to say about them apart from some concerns with the tracks for use beating through the bushes

Reactions: J. McNugget

·
Registered
368 Posts
I hope the Cobra tracks on the Expeditions hold up better than the 1.8 on my Titan.

I have a bunch of lugs gone, at about 5,500 km. Will see how warranty claim goes.

Not sure if its a track design/manufacture issue or something with the sled. I have heard of other Titans doing the same.

IMO it was subjected to normal use, not abuse.

I was in some low snow conditions on east end of Route Blanche and into south coast of Labrador last March, but shouldn't have been enough lose that many lugs. Little side trip in pic shouldn't have hurt either.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,996 Posts
......mmmmmm....been ther before i think! :ride:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Camoplast make the cobra so i'm assuming they make the silent cobra as well?
They do, and so I reached out. Here's what I got;

Them slots that's a BRP deal they use this for lighting the track and letting the snow out of the track in deep snow that may get caught in the track. It's a Patent design only for them. So I am sure if BRP is offering this way no problem with durability.

Thanks

John Robare

Sales Representative - Powersports

Camso

1 Martina Circle

Plattsburgh, NY 12901

·
Registered
265 Posts
Why on gods green earth would they slot the track...... do they not realize these sleds are ridden in the bush and not on groomed trails?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 46 Posts