Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2009 x shorty as title says it have header rb3 can pb80 and cudney clutch kits( primary and secondary)

Rb3 will let the motor rev to 9k.

Performance out of the engine is around stock.

Motor will only 8200 RPM with 8 pucks and a toonie (toonie weighs 7 grams and stock pucks are 5.5g I belive.

I feel like the sleds down on power or just making stock levels.

Sled pulls good to 140kph and falls on it's face

Any idea where I can start looking. Any help is appreciated

·
Registered
448 Posts
pull that toonie out

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm out of weight tho. Only have 8 pucks. Before the cudney setup I had unknown primary spring on pb80 and stock helix and beigh spring 7 puck and a toonie would go to 8700 and again fall on its face at 150ish.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
I would check secondary rollers. Belt condition. Did u just install clutch kit? Verify helix is installed proper. Cr9 logo lines up with roller

·
Registered
448 Posts
I'm out of weight tho. Only have 8 pucks. Before the cudney setup I had unknown primary spring on pb80 and stock helix and beigh spring 7 puck and a toonie would go to 8700 and again fall on its face at 150ish.
your to heavy in primary weight to let it rev, i run bills primary spring, secondary spring with the cr9, when i hit it on a roll i spin 8,800 then it will climb to 9,100

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Rb3 is a used unit could be. Helix is correct and rollers seems Ok. I'm no expert there is a little slop in them but they look fine on the outside. Should I be concerned with that? Belt has 700 km on it. 383 I belive reds how much weight.

·
Registered
11,244 Posts
With Bill's primary spring, helix and secondary spring he would have told you how many pucks to start with. Are you running what he advised?

·
Registered
11,244 Posts
Another 2 cents:

my 09 shorty X like yours--header, can, PC V, Bill's PB80-both springs and helix

with the PC V I don't have the rev limiter raised--have ten pucks in each and running 8300+ as the stock tach says

running both the 391 belt and Gates 4266--like the Gates a little better

your 383 belt is not known as a performance belt, neither DJ or Bill like it. That's one of the things you should change. Break the new belt in for 30-40 miles before you go gung ho. Go back to 8 pucks in each cup and give it a try.

You said you bought the kit used, do you know how many miles it had on it?

Reactions: maxxterminator

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ya I'll try a gates belt. I'm from doing searches I see some are running 10-11 pucks. Though that was a good indication I was way down on power but I guess I'm actually not to far off. Need the lake to be a bit more frozen of see if I have the top end. I'll start with 8 pucks and new belt. The kit has supposedly 500 km on it. Guy lost some mph on the top end and wanted to try something else

·
TriCountyTrail
1,595 Posts
I have 2009 x shorty as title says it have header rb3 can pb80 and cudney clutch kits( primary and secondary)

Rb3 will let the motor rev to 9k.

Performance out of the engine is around stock.

Motor will only 8200 RPM with 8 pucks and a toonie (toonie weighs 7 grams and stock pucks are 5.5g I belive.

I feel like the sleds down on power or just making stock levels.

Sled pulls good to 140kph and falls on it's face

Any idea where I can start looking. Any help is appreciated
What track and studs are you running? I makes a big difference in where you end up also.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
8 pucks down from 10 pucks is ALOT! That's a difference of 11 grams per for 33 grams. Most tune in .5 to 1 gram increments... Was your sled slow before the clutch kit?

Did u have the pb 80 already?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
For the record I've never ran more then what's in it now so technically not down. 8 pucks and a toonie 8300 RPM. I just read that others with similar combos were running 10-11 I'll have to lose weight to get my RPM up. Running an ice ripper track no extra studs

·
Registered
487 Posts
last years pb80 im working with

7 pucks =90.1 block wt.

8 pucks =95.9 block wt

9 pucks =101,7 block wt

10 pucks =107.5 block wt

11 pucks =113.2 block wt

I also have 1 puck with a 1/2 hole in it at 4.4 grams these wts are on my scale and yours may vary slightly finish spring pressure will change your rpms with wt changes also

1 - 20 of 37 Posts