Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
would like to know if somebody found a way to make thoses exhaust valves open sooner in powerband ...

to bring the last step (full;y open) down in rpm

she d like some more flow around 6000-6500 rpm

thanks to share

( i can trade again 800rs builts ;)

·
Registered
29 Posts
New style rave valves can be programmed with buds software for when they come in only if u have mastertec version

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
If they have dealer version buds they can't do it. have to find someone with Master tec version buds

·
Just the Tip!!
2,504 Posts
Youll have to send your ECM to Race dept for reprogramming, bout $80 to have it done and takes 2 mins to do.. yes crazy I know... Either Tom Lawrence in Wisconsin or Yvon petit in valcourt.. Cant do the Etecs..

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
What is the ideal rpm to have them full open? any pattern or preference?

·
Premium Member
27,910 Posts
If they have dealer version buds they can't do it. have to find someone with Master tec version buds

I heard the ERAVE opening could be changed on the 1K for different lengths of races. Have you been able to tweak the fuel and ignition curve on the SDI? Not the offset, but the two horizontal slide bars found at the bottom right of one of the screens.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Have not played with the SDI s yet. My 2016 800etec I have changed timing, adjusted rave valves. I have other software that I am playing with at the moment. I have two new ecms one from 2016 800etec and a new 850etec. I can open skidoo s software and completely remap everything. Remove sensors, make power, etc,etc. In the testing faze now. Will mostly benefit the racer s.

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
Have not played with the SDI s yet. My 2016 800etec I have changed timing, adjusted rave valves. I have other software that I am playing with at the moment. I have two new ecms one from 2016 800etec and a new 850etec. I can open skidoo s software and completely remap everything. Remove sensors, make power, etc,etc. In the testing faze now. Will mostly benefit the racer s.

That is so cool. Would be fun to tinker with.

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
One more question. Can you add fuel here and there trough the rpm range? With that software.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yes sure can. The only problem is etec fuel injectors almost run to full flow on the 800 from stock. But have someone working on correcting that issue. But when we are done with building and testing tune should be a monster on a 800 engine. The benefits of changing injectors will come with big bores. The new 850 is another story...more to come on that

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
Optimal openings for 3 stage valves...go to dyno and lock valves in stage one, make pull. Then lock in at mid opening and make pull. Then full open. Now overlay curves and you have optimal opening rpms. Rave mod for gas operated much better and cost effective option...

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

1 - 19 of 19 Posts