Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you know if the rave valves need cleaning. I never owned a sled with them before so I can't compare to anything else..(My ride now is a '96 F3.) Sled seems to run fine..A little smokey/rich at idle...I can run with a '98 MXZ670 and beat him on top end..He can pull away from the start but I can power past him from 3/4 throttle and up .Should I need to clean them..ShouldI pick up any gaskets I might need before I start? I don't want to get into it and all of a sudden need to go and get supplies.....Help

·
Registered
659 Posts
the job of cleaning the rave valves is really simple. remove 2 bolts, clean with some carb cleaner and a brush and re install them to the proper position( i think it say "top"
right on the valve so you cant screw it up)

as far as oil goes....im a big fan of sythetics in general but i dont use it in my sled and i have absolutely no problems with dirty rave valves or anything else for that matter
.....save your money!!! ..

have fun

·
Registered
138 Posts
been using mineral oil for years also mercury outboard oil vales are clean when i check them. my buddies with cats and poo,s use synthetic and alway,s have stuck valves. i.m from old school still call it petroleum oil.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts