Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my 1999 MXZ 600 back from the preseason work done at the dealers. Rode for a few hours today. When I got home I noticed that one of the rave valve covers leaked a few drosp of oil out on the Y pipe. Is this something I should be concerned about? I popped off the cap and noticed a little oil in there. It didn't leak from the motor, but where the plastic cover is held on by the spring. Any ideas? Never happened before tody, so I'm wondering if when the serviced it and cleaned the valves something happened?

·
Registered
59 Posts
MXZ600NUT said:
Just got my 1999 MXZ 600 back from the preseason work done at the dealers. Rode for a few hours today. When I got home I noticed that one of the rave valve covers leaked a few drosp of oil out on the Y pipe. Is this something I should be concerned about? I popped off the cap and noticed a little oil in there. It didn't leak from the motor, but where the plastic cover is held on by the spring. Any ideas? Never happened before tody, so I'm wondering if when the serviced it and cleaned the valves something happened?
[snapback]259234[/snapback]​
The valve stem has an o-ring on it, if they get bad( hard and swelled) they do not seal as good. You will get oil into the bellows and they will leak out eventually.
Replace the o-rings, inspect the valve shaft for scratches where the o-ring rides.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts