Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all! i was riding last weekend and noticed that when i would slow down i could hear what sounded like a ratcheting sound coming from right under where the track comes out of the sled(so it sounded like). i thought it might be a bad bearing in a bogie wheel? but i could feel it throughout the whole sled. could it be something with my drive cog or the chain being loose? it started on the left side but went away there and went to the left side. i am going to check track tension and alignment sometime when it gets warmer out. the snow was hard that day if that makes a difference

·
Mustard Bucket
1,311 Posts
Could also be bearings getting bad in your front drivers, usually a dead give away of that happening though is your speedo giving out because the bearings on the axle will crap out and drop in the cup, and the speedo cable comes out of the end of your axle.

Check your track tension and your idler wheel bearings would be a good start.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Check Track tension, chain tension and ice build ups. Also spin the track around and see if any clips in your track are bent out. That will make a terrible noise. measure your track at the rear and see how out the alignment is. Track could of stretched a bit and slipped out a bit. My bet is the tracks loose.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i think it was just ice build up in the tunnel. It got warm one day and all melted out and it doesnt do that anymore

1 - 5 of 5 Posts