Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've looked in the catalog and I can't tell if there is an actual upgrade for this sled. Is there and have any of you done it? If yes is it worth it?

I saw some discussions regarding the poor man's upgrade but I really don't want to mess with anything but OEM for this type of upgrade.

Thanks

·
Registered
129 Posts
From an email I sent to SnowTech magazine:

Hi,

P. 32 says RAS 2 kit 860 201 241 includes shocks for $539.99. It does not include the shocks.
The kit with the shocks is 860 201 353 and is $799.99.

Note also that each kit will only work for some types of Ski Doo Chassis, not all. For instance only the 241 kit will work with the XR chassis and only the 353 kit will work with the XM chassis. Either kit will work with the XS and XP chassis.

They printed a correction the next month. (Article in Jan, correction in Feb. I believe) So they are available but I have not purchased one, so no experience. Also I got some shock work done by Ian at Monster Performance and he sells the kit with X-package shocks valved for how you ride for a little less $ I believe. If you're interested give him a call or email him from the website. He's very knowledgeable and responds quickly. He did amazing things with my stock TnT shocks, rebuild/revalve that completely stopped the chatter through the handlebars. Very pleased. However this won't give you the RAS2 benefits of flatter cornering or less bump steer etc. Lots cheaper though...

·
Registered
129 Posts
Correct, per Ian:

"skidoo ras2 kit with X shocks is nice. adds adjustable shocks, lighter steering feel, less bump steer, more precise feel to steering too (best I can describe in my experience)

$XXX for the kit thru me BUT it doesnt come with 1200 springs. those new are 95 pair OR reuse stock springs with different retainers, 10 pair"

He also gives trade-ins on Ski Doo rebuildable shocks but you should call or email him for pricing. That would be between you and him.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I've looked in the catalog and I can't tell if there is an actual upgrade for this sled. Is there and have any of you done it? If yes is it worth it?

I saw some discussions regarding the poor man's upgrade but I really don't want to mess with anything but OEM for this type of upgrade.

Thanks
I know you said you didn't want the "Poor man's version" but you might wish to give it some real consideration. Last weekend I installed the Slicast (gold ball joint version) onto the exact sled you are speaking of. I also have "X package" shocks on the front and an Elka center shock (all 3 from Ian). Last week I rode it in loose snow conditions and today the trails are rock hard. I absolutely love the change the system has made to the GSX. It steers easy, corners flat and has zero darting. I am running Snow Trackers semi aggressive on stock skis and will not change a thing. This sled is now the most compliant sled I have owned to date. Simply point and shoot...exactly what I wanted for the sled my wife rides.

I had my Apex with power steering on the same trails today and the GSX has lighter steering than the Apex while stil holding the line through the corners. Love it!

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a set of shocks from Ian that I have to install but I was waiting to install until I decided on the upgrade.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts