Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Is the 2015 PAC catalog online yet? Link?

·
RS
3,087 Posts
No 38" for the Freeride, maybe a 2016 thing?

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
RAS 2 Front Suspension kits - Delivers better straight line tracking in big bumps, weighs less
and adds style. Available in 36 and 42 in. widths, includes HPG shocks.
When adds style is one of the benefits of the RAS 2 front end, it leads me to believe it isn't that big of deal. lol The only real benefit i see here is better straight line tracking. How much weight savings can we have, 1-2lbs? I am sure they say the shock length is different because they want the shock sale out of you too, otherwise the upgrade would be cheap.

·
Registered
136 Posts
The kit shocks (standard HPG or ??) would be the big part of that $860. It'd be worth a look in the 2015 SD front suspension parts page when it's released to compare 2014 shock part numbers (various models)against the 2015PNs.

I first noticed this on Hygear's site a few years ago and have been meaning to ask them about it. Lansing is less than an hour away from here and may be worth the trip. http://www.hygearsuspension.com/Slicast_Snow.html

·
Registered
150 Posts
I know where there's a GSX 900 ACE leftover. Thinking I could buy it right. Retro the RAS II. Sell the original front on here or fleabay. There's always a wrecked one somewhere. LOL. I would have 128" skid, premium guages, premium shocks. About as close to a 900 X as a guy could get. All for the price of a 2015 or maybe a little less. Hmmmm.........

·
Registered
118 Posts
If you needed the shocks that's not a bad price either. But I just got new Evols so here's hoping they offer the upgrade for my XP without the shocks for say, $200? Please? :D

·
RS
3,087 Posts
A discounted price without the shocks would be great!! An easy time to upgrade would be say if you hit a rock and bent an arm or 2, get new and better parts by adding this kit. I hope they make a 38" kit as well for the freeride.

·
Registered
272 Posts
i can't see them making a kit without shocks, that would take away from selling single a-arms at 150-200 each.

ID do you know if the shocks are still 16.5" eye to eye? they looked longer on the 174 sled in the videos.

i was hoping they were an extra 1/2" so i could use my freeride shocks lol.

·
Premium Member
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm totally down with this upgrade for my 2013...... Add a set of brass bushings while it is apart.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
I'm riding a 2014 1200 renegade X model. Are the shocks that come with this kit the same quality as what came from the factory on the X sleds??

1 - 20 of 44 Posts