Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Is it just me or am I right in saying that I have noticed less and less participation on this forum from the likes of Bill Cudney, Warlock, and Chucky. I realize that this is the busy time of year for them but I some how wonder if that is the reason. While we all come on to this forum with our theorys or BRP says this or that lets not forget that these guys come on here with REAL WORLD results and seat of the pants testing of not only bolt on parts but fuel mapping timing etc. I for one have never got a tip from these guys that did not work or any false info of any kind. I dread the day that these gentlemen refuse to participate all together ( if it happens ) because this site will be mostly just BRP bashing. At the risk of taking a severe cyber beating....... what does everybody else think?

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
well I think for 1 yes, they are busy. my own take on here lately though is that IF you DO know something that works, 5 guys think thats great and the other 5 think you are a hack! I myself have been working hard on my sled and a couple others but somehow come off as "uncredible" for some resaon. maybe its because I am not a tech or dont own a shop,but I am seeing results. whatever then I am not going to post and repost MY findings but will still be quicker
maybe these guys who have helped me alot and many others are starting to feel the same way. also if you look at the first 3 pages of topics, it looks like a dog chasing its tail! alot of action but no result! just ride the stupid machines already!!

·
Registered
442 Posts
freakshow12 said:
well I think for 1 yes, they are busy. my own take on here lately though is that IF you DO know something that works, 5 guys think thats great and the other 5 think you are a hack! I myself have been working hard on my sled and a couple others but somehow come off as "uncredible" for some resaon. maybe its because I am not a tech or dont own a shop,but I am seeing results. whatever then I am not going to post and repost MY findings but will still be quicker
maybe these guys who have helped me alot and many others are starting to feel the same way. also if you look at the first 3 pages of topics, it looks like a dog chasing its tail! alot of action but no result! just ride the stupid machines already!!
[snapback]694054[/snapback]​
Freakshow, Keep posting your findings. To hell with the bashers. Remember
Bikeman, He posted his findings and was bashed off the site, Never see him
post anymore, He was just sharing his findings.

I think alot of the problem is the fact that this winter has su$ked. I for one
usually get to test here at my house in lower Michigan, We had 2 feet of snow
before christmas. Havent had any ridable snow here since then. Even had to
cancel a couple trips up north because of warm temps. This weekend included.
Cant wait to try the 05 mapping. Hope old man winter gets his butter finger
out of his a##.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I think part of the problem is the lack of snow in some areas. Instead of being able to get out and trail ride we are captured on the lakes, the biggest complaints this year seem to be one thing - top speed - lets not forget how much fun these things are on the trails and lets get out and ride them! I have had frustrations with BRP, but i still love this sled and haven't found anything i like to ride better. Every time i get on someone's sled - i keep coming back to mine with a smile, all round good ride! So let BRP do its thing.....they are going to do what's doo for them anyways......if we find something that works lets share it so we can all benifit if it works. Its they guys on this forum that have helped me get my sled working well, and lets not make it a whine session.....Ride the best sled on the snow, sites like this are hard to find and lets keep it the best one on the internet!!

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Even BRP was chased off this site.Nobody is gona post results to be ridiculed,especially the gurus.Bill does more input than others tho,I can just emagine these guys reading the posts and know that something is misleading and why come on and say something else and it starts a dog chasing it's tail.SDI is a smart motor for sure.Here is to the real Gurus

·
Registered
296 Posts
BlueMax said:
BRP was not chased off this site. They have the answers, but may not be willing to share them for legal and business reasons. I don't think they realize that business as usual has changed due to the internet. The information that is on Dootalk (correct, incorrect, opinion, fact, whatever) or other internet sites is here to stay. If any of the owners had to rely on information from the dealers, as in the past, they would all have different opinions on what if any issues there are on the 05-06 Mach Z. I think that BRP believes, if it wasn't for the internet, the Mach Z would be an outstanding success.

Let me ask some questions and you can understand their (BRP) dilemma.

How many owners know the following issues exist on the 05 Mach Z?

Rear suspension - front arm will break when used aggresively. Beefed up on 06.
This is also compounded by a stock rear suspension that will bottom out during normal use. May last forever under normal use.

Driven clutch - rollers and screws may come loose causing irratic operation or damage to clutch. Larger screws and modified rollers on 06.

Fuel injectors - carbon build-up affecting performacne. End cap spacers added to 06.

Primary clutch - surface damage (pock marks) to sheaves at base. Plastic spacer added to 06.

Recoil start - will not stand up to continued use caused by engine stalls and addition of plugged decompression holes. Electric start owners unaware of issue.

Spark plug fouling - two ECU programs that have not solved issue totally, oil pump setting that is difficult to adjust with no method of feedback and recommended spark plugs (by the way very expensive and only available at dealer BR8ECS) that are very prone to fouling. Would have liked to have fixed on 06.

Hyfax wear - excessive wear causing slider damage. Sliders modified on 06.

Exhaust fires - caused by updated ECU program and knock sensor when running at elevated speeds for extended times.

I guess by now most have heard enough about these items and many more that I have not listed. I think that less than 5% of the Mach Z owners don't even know most of these exist. That would also probably apply to the dealers. I have no idea how this sled compares to others that BRP has produced. Only they (BRP)have that type of information. I do know that all future issues will get highlighted more than in the past and building sleds that are not fully tested will not be tolerated in the near future. The rushing to get new sleds to the consumer to maintain their market lead may end up accomplishing the exact opposite. Time will tell. The North American snowmobile manufacturers track record for totally developed product has been very poor in recent years. The door has been opened for Yamaha and possibly Honda (they aren't filing snowmobile patents for practice) to walk in and take market share.

This post was not to bash BRP, but to get them to understand major change is near.
[snapback]694619[/snapback]​
AMEN

·
planes take off against the wind
15,035 Posts
Agreed - all you have to do is look at the auto industry to see your futures.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
BlueMax said:
BRP was not chased off this site. They have the answers, but may not be willing to share them for legal and business reasons. I don't think they realize that business as usual has changed due to the internet. The information that is on Dootalk (correct, incorrect, opinion, fact, whatever) or other internet sites is here to stay. If any of the owners had to rely on information from the dealers, as in the past, they would all have different opinions on what if any issues there are on the 05-06 Mach Z. I think that BRP believes, if it wasn't for the internet, the Mach Z would be an outstanding success.

This is also compounded by a stock rear suspension that will bottom out during normal use. May last forever under normal use.

Driven clutch - rollers and screws may come loose causing irratic operation or damage to clutch. Larger screws and modified rollers on 06.

Fuel injectors - carbon build-up affecting performacne. End cap spacers added to 06.

Primary clutch - surface damage (pock marks) to sheaves at base. Plastic spacer added to 06.

Recoil start - will not stand up to continued use caused by engine stalls and addition of plugged decompression holes. Electric start owners unaware of issue.

Spark plug fouling - two ECU programs that have not solved issue totally, oil pump setting that is difficult to adjust with no method of feedback and recommended spark plugs (by the way very expensive and only available at dealer BR8ECS) that are very prone to fouling. Would have liked to have fixed on 06.

Exhaust fires - caused by updated ECU program and knock sensor when running at elevated speeds for extended times.

I guess by now most have heard enough about these items and many more that I have not listed. I think that less than 5% of the Mach Z owners don't even know most of these exist. That would also probably apply to the dealers. I have no idea how this sled compares to others that BRP has produced. Only they (BRP)have that type of information. I do know that all future issues will get highlighted more than in the past and building sleds that are not fully tested will not be tolerated in the near future. The rushing to get new sleds to the consumer to maintain their market lead may end up accomplishing the exact opposite. Time will tell. The North American snowmobile manufacturers track record for totally developed product has been very poor in recent years. The door has been opened for Yamaha and possibly Honda (they aren't filing snowmobile patents for practice) to walk in and take market share.

This post was not to bash BRP, but to get them to understand major change is near.
Blue I think you missed my point in the original post. I was going to include you with the other 3 gurus but on second thought I felt from what I have seen on here that you are more of a computor guru ( and very good ) than a seat of the pants experience talking kind of guy, ie testing machines. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong. My whole point was that without these gurus participation on this site that all of us stand to lose a pile of information that comes from REAL WORLD TESTING that most of us are not capable or have the time to do. Anybody can post ( except me ) bullitens, pictures, internet hearsay and whine about BRP I personally think thats about all thats going to be left on this site if something does not change. Just my 02 cents.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
BlueMax said:
gummy

I guess I must have missed your point. It takes a lot of time to read and try to understand the posts that are made on this site. Two of your three heavy hitters make money from advertising and responding on this site. This is why they tend to talk in riddles. All three's experience and knowledge on snowmobiles is beyond reproach. There is one difference on the 05-06 Mach Z. None of these guys have intimate knowledge on what is actually programmed in the ECU and how it all works together. They invest a lot of time and money testing different product and setups that they plan to sell or share with their customers. We had a member on this site that had the intimate details of the inside of this box. Most members didn't give his posts the time of day. He no longer even frequents the site or he is using another name. I have had numerous PMs from him explaining questions I had on the algorithms that were programmed into the box. The site will continue with or without them. It will just be a much better forum if they continue to contribute. The reason these guys are so good is they are all very competitive. I am sure they could all care less what I think, but this is my opinion. I have nothing to be gained monetarily from this site, but I have some new friends, new ideas and satisfaction from hopefully helping other snowmobile enthusiasts. There is a lot of testing that is being done by owners that is not recognized or even known.
[snapback]694968[/snapback]​
I did not mean to single you out Blue and as I said before I think you are very knowledgeable. I also agree with you that there is a lot of testing being done by owners that is not recognized but there is also a lot of results posted on here and when you ask the member what combos he used to achieve those results you get no reply. We all want our machines to be a little faster than our buds right? so why tell everthing you know? I know 2 of the three mentioned make money off of this site.....they also pass on a lot of info without any monetary gain also. Pray for snow then we wont have so much time to be on here and maybe it will mellow us all. By the way .... what are algorithms :
:

·
Registered
957 Posts
BlueMax said:

Hit the nail on the head~ Thanks Blue!

·
Registered
824 Posts
BlueMax said:

Good stuff blue- as always!

·
Registered
457 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts