Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are you guys getting for range with your 900 T?

I was out today and decided to run it hard to see what range I could get. At 160 km( 100 miles) the fuel light came on with one bar left. Pulled into a station at 187 km and it only took 25 liters to fill it right to the top. Ran it hard for another 90 km and it shows down 2 bars.

What range can you get to empty?

Does everyone's light come on when there is 1/3 of the actual fuel left?

·
boost junkie
10,603 Posts
fuel milage is dependent on the flipper
keep it out of boost and milage will be incredible

Reactions: Rev M&S

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
So the consumption is about the same. Was your fuel light on?
no mine never came on. my buddies 900T with the 195 hp tune did he was using about 1 gallon more every hundred but he was about 100 lbs more weight.

last ride we where at about 120 miles and his came one. snow was getting like mash potatoes and we were running 45-65 mph

·
Registered
3,756 Posts

I was out today and decided to run it hard to see what range I could get. At 160 km( 100 miles) the fuel light came on with one bar left. Pulled into a station at 187 km and it only took 25 liters to fill it right to the top. Ran it hard for another 90 km and it shows down 2 bars.

Sounds about like mine. My fuel light comes on at about 85 miles running at a fairly aggressive pace. Last weekend with zero bars remaining, l still had 1.8 gallons left. My gage showed 14.5mpg. Regardless, l never leave home without my fuel caddy.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
90 Posts
I was running between 80-140 kph (50-80 mph) for most of the tank, and found it strange that there was 1/3 left when the light came on. I was carrying a fuel caddy so it didn't matter, but i'd like to know if if anyone can trust their fuel light, or if it's just mine that comes on so early.

·
Registered
385 Posts
My light comes on at 100mi. Each time I filled took 26 liters so 10 liters left. I would say about 140mi would be about it?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Are these tanks not 38L? 4 day ride in Quebec multiple fuel ups in 1755km. Very warm for Quebec 0 to -1 temps running for long stretches at 140km/hr light came on at 170km fueled up at 200 and took 34.5 l. Ran a 203km stretch from Amos to Matagami at various speeds up to 140km/hr up the west side took 32l machine is tuned.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sounds like they are running the similar as far a fuel light goes. Next tank i'll let it go till it sputters, then I'll top it up with the gas caddy. A buddy of mine just texted and said he went 255 km (160 miles) today before she started to cut out on him. His fuel light didn't come on until 200km (125 miles). :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,092 Posts

Normal, run it. Fuel gauge is a gauge, inaccurate as they all are. Use odometer to gauge fuel left in tank.

Bob

·
Registered
583 Posts
These tanks have a few litres that you can use. Also, pump gauges are not accurate either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
583 Posts
The fuel pickup can't get a few litres in the tanks. So unusable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 58 Posts