Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was out for a few little burns this weekend, sunday we went out for a little water hoppin. it was the first time i was out doing this on the rev and was very pleased with the results. it was a small hop, only about 120' but i got the idea of it. we rolled up to it from about 5 yards away at about a jogging pace ( no spikes) then when we hit the water fed some fuel to her and she would walk up and away, was fun to pin it but had to back off.

the 1 5/8 track deffinitely made life easy with my setup

Attachments

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Is that a SeaDoo or Ski-Doo in that Pic???

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
How do you turn with your ski's in the air!

Looks fun.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hehe can keep the skis down too but i don't turn with them, just a slight lean is all thats needed, kinda scary to turn when something unexpected happens

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hehe can keep the skis down too but i don't turn with them, just a slight lean is all thats needed, kinda scary to turn when something unexpected happens

·
Registered
278 Posts
500ss man said:
Goodluck

[snapback]689170[/snapback]​
Braapp, just watch it, my 03 800 used to get the belt wet on a smooth run at about 250ft of water ( I think it was my foot wells). Make sure shes as tight as a frogs arse, they sink REALLY fast once the belt gets wet, and at 35mph there is very little time to react. There is a lot more drag when your on the water, especially with that size track
Good practice though for those dreaded situations of open water on a lake when you least expect it.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
we shot about a 50 foot river the past weekend. it was either cross the river or ride 15miles on very bumpy trials. even got my mom and sister to cross it after alittle bit of talking them into it. there was some not so very nice words given for taking them across it.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
as long as you keep it sensable (ie shallow, close to shore and not too long) then it is a very good skill to know for that time that you have no option!

·
Registered
94 Posts
I did that tonite as well. Skipping water is real fun but my R.E.R. and my power start stopped working on it then. Can anyone PM me and tell me what happened. I need this information. I can live without reverse and powerstart but if its on the sled i want to use it. Please help.

·
DooTalk Goldcard Holder
15,875 Posts
Hope you have better luck than this guy! Why would you even consider it ???

Bellingham snowmobiler dies in N.H.
MOULTONBOROUGH, N.H. - A Massachusetts man died after trying to cross open water while snowmobiling on Lake Winnipesaukee in New Hampshire yesterday.

Daniel Harper, 51, of Bellingham, Mass. was in a party of about five snowmobilers when he tried "skimming" across open water near Bryant Point just after noon, Lt. Jim Goss of the New Hampshire Fish and Game Department said.

Harper didn't make it across and his friends pulled him from the water, Goss said.

Trying to cross open water on a snowmobile, called "skimming," is illegal in New Hampshire, Goss said.

Material from The Associated Press was used in this report.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
I read about that, are the lakes even really safe up there I would think not if there was a spot of open water unless it was near an inlet or river

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
mad_pow_miller said:
I did that tonite as well. Skipping water is real fun but my R.E.R. and my power start stopped working on it then. Can anyone PM me and tell me what happened. I need this information. I can live without reverse and powerstart but if its on the sled i want to use it. Please help.

[snapback]689365[/snapback]​
sounds like a blown fuse or burnt out relay.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Big Dog D said:
Hope you have better luck than this guy! Why would you even consider it ???

Bellingham snowmobiler dies in N.H.
MOULTONBOROUGH, N.H. - A Massachusetts man died after trying to cross open water while snowmobiling on Lake Winnipesaukee in New Hampshire yesterday.

Daniel Harper, 51, of Bellingham, Mass. was in a party of about five snowmobilers when he tried "skimming" across open water near Bryant Point just after noon, Lt. Jim Goss of the New Hampshire Fish and Game Department said.

Harper didn't make it across and his friends pulled him from the water, Goss said.

Trying to cross open water on a snowmobile, called "skimming," is illegal in New Hampshire, Goss said.

Material from The Associated Press was used in this report.
[snapback]689758[/snapback]​
Well seeing as my buddies were the first ones there, then the moultonboro fire dept, and police officers,...the fish and gamies didnt show up for about 5 or 10 minutes after it happened. I actually had to take a fish and game officer over there b/c he didnt know how to get there. The Fish and game were more concerned about who to right the fine to so they can S*** my D***!
Other than that, from what I was told, I guess the unfortunate gentleman had a hard attack and was very scared of open water as it was. When his buddies got him out of the water, he couldnt breathe. Up there, it takes a while for anybody to get there. So sorry it happened, I ended my day of riding after that.

·
Registered
26 Posts
mad_pow_miller said:

The RER\START button could be wet. I had the same problem after I washed my sled. Take the switch apart and dry it with a hair drier. A little bit of mositure in it makes it act quirky

·
Registered
94 Posts
MikeV said:
mad_pow_miller said:

The RER\START button could be wet. I had the same problem after I washed my sled. Take the switch apart and dry it with a hair drier. A little bit of mositure in it makes it act quirky
[snapback]689953[/snapback]​
Thanks alot. Ill do that tonite

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
that is unfortunate for sure but if you don't play around with this in a safe controlled environment your missing out, good skill to have

i'll leave it at that

·
Registered
102 Posts
perfect spot to do it is in ditches in the spring when they fill up with water, thats where I learned, just stay away from the ones near turn outs, god only knows whats in that water

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Well guess if you don't have snow, might as well ride on something

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts