Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought my wife a GTX we went for a ride today with our 7 yr. old,
the passenger handles are to low on it.......can they be raised?
I looked in my owners manual but they only talked about the Grand Touring.
Thanks, Tom F7(but the rev chassis is pretty nice)

·
Registered
75 Posts
tomf7 said:
ANYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[snapback]279921[/snapback]​
yep, just take the screws out and I believe you flip the bracket over. It's been a couple weeks and I forgot exactly what I did. If you take the screws out, it will be obvious what to do from there. The handles come off a little hard but give em a pull and you'll be all set.

It worked great for our small kids to reach the handles!

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Sometimes you've got to repeat your questions. I read it and didn't know the answer, that's why I didn't reply. Also, threads sink like crazy here, pretty easy for people to miss them. Especially since it's sledding time!

Good luck...

·
Registered
165 Posts
The current issue of SnoTech Magazine has a paragraph that states the handlebars on the GTX are not adjustable. I think you mean the GSX. However, I have heard of people cutting and reattaching theirs. Sound familiar ns503?

05GSXLimited said:
tomf7 said:
ANYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[snapback]279921[/snapback]​
yep, just take the screws out and I believe you flip the bracket over. It's been a couple weeks and I forgot exactly what I did. If you take the screws out, it will be obvious what to do from there. The handles come off a little hard but give em a pull and you'll be all set.

It worked great for our small kids to reach the handles!

Hope that helps.
[snapback]280145[/snapback]​

·
Registered
75 Posts
tomf7 said:
anyone!!!!!!!
[snapback]287017[/snapback]​
Tom-

I responded to you on this a few posts up. I have a GTX (and a GSX
) and I did move my rear handles up. My sled is at my cottage (90 miles from here), so I can't take a picture for ya today. I will be heading up there this weekend and I can take some pictures of what I did for ya. It was really simple actually. Just remove those TORX screws and (I think) I flipped the bracket over. That's what I can't remember. Just take the screws off and pull the handle off. It will be obvious what to do once you get the handle off. Trust me!
You may as well get used to taking the handles off because the heated grips on these are known for going bad within 500 miles. Mine went bad after 150 miles! Anyway, I will see about taking some pictures for you this weekend ok?

Sorry you are having trouble with this! Hope I can help ya.

·
Registered
75 Posts
05GSXLimited said:
tomf7 said:
anyone!!!!!!!
Tom-

) and I did move my rear handles up. My sled is at my cottage (90 miles from here), so I can't take a picture for ya today. I will be heading up there this weekend and I can take some pictures of what I did for ya. It was really simple actually. Just remove those TORX screws and (I think) I flipped the bracket over. That's what I can't remember. Just take the screws off and pull the handle off. It will be obvious what to do once you get the handle off. Trust me!
You may as well get used to taking the handles off because the heated grips on these are known for going bad within 500 miles. Mine went bad after 150 miles! Anyway, I will see about taking some pictures for you this weekend ok?

[snapback]287051[/snapback]​
Here ya go Tom...
http://24.247.104.134:8100/gtx/gtx_handle.html

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
05GSXLimited said:
tomf7 said:
anyone!!!!!!!
Tom-

[snapback]287051[/snapback]​
Thanks GSX. I was wondering if those passenger handles were adjustable as well since I want to get a GTX but noticed that the handles were sitting rather low for those of us with shorter arms.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.