Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
http://store.ski-doo.com/product/930606/860201140/_/Rail_Ice_Scratchers

I am wanting to add scratchers to my 15 T3 163. Last year I never had the temp lite come on, not even once. It has come on 3 times this year so far. I am not done riding yet, and my dealer has this style in stock and on sale. I want reversible sccatchers, and I was planning on mounting them on the inside of the ski. Has anybody done this and had success with it? pictures? I have seen the ice storm style, but that rod can easily bend in my opinion. Sure, on hard smooth trail it would have no issue. I just think a whooped out rough trail, or on the side of the trail when the ski gets into deeper rougher snow that it would just bend. Plus I would have to order and they wouldn't be here by the weekend. If you have done this I would like to know your thoughts on it. Thanks

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
I ran a set of duraflex on my pilots made a bracket to mount them on your right they ain't pretty but they do work. I used ski z's this year on my C&A's they work well too dropped my temps about 30°

·
Registered
430 Posts
I've run the Doo scratchers all season on my t3. (Rail mounted) Last week on the hardest, most icy trails I've ever been on. Even with the short flap I had no cooling issues.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I said the same thing last year, can't tell you why it's happening to me this year. I run full flap with scratchers down, shouldn't be an issue but it has been for this season.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Ok, here is what I was referring to. I mounted these up just now. I was just checking to see if it would work. I was able to install them and I think they will work. I will be testing them out this weekend and report back here, just in case anyone else is interested. One thing I may do different is drill the bolt hole larger, the one inside the spring, and just use the ski bolt as that mount point. Good thing is that my ski is pretty beat up and I am not worried about a few extra holes in it. lol. It is mounted on the inside of the left ski in this photo.

20160316_201534.jpg

Here is the part I am worried about, I think that it could pull through over time. We will see this weekend. The nut on the right seems to be setting into the plastic, like it is hollow inside this portion.

20160316_201554.jpg

·
Super Moderator
9,641 Posts
Ok, here is what I was referring to. I mounted these up just now. I was just checking to see if it would work. I was able to install them and I think they will work. I will be testing them out this weekend and report back here, just in case anyone else is interested. One thing I may do different is drill the bolt hole larger, the one inside the spring, and just use the ski bolt as that mount point. Good thing is that my ski is pretty beat up and I am not worried about a few extra holes in it. lol. It is mounted on the inside of the left ski in this photo.

20160316_201534.jpg

Here is the part I am worried about, I think that it could pull through over time. We will see this weekend. The nut on the right seems to be setting into the plastic, like it is hollow inside this portion.

20160316_201554.jpg
A washer would help with that.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Looks good ? How much drag/ resistance does it introduce into the steering on hard pack trail ?

I think it would probally be less noticeable if it was mounted to the ski bolt .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts